El Dorado ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KC Jayhawk 78, Jun 16, 2009.

1. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Some of the fellas and I have been discussing a possible Mini Gathering at El Dorado, August 7,8, and 9. Just wanted to see who all was interested. It is state parks, no corp parks, so the price per day will be $21.70 instead of $18.00. That is with water and elec. There is also cabins for $35.00 a day w/ AC !!! Ill be fishing for flatheads all night, so that AC will come in real handy sleeping during the day. There is a river pond there, an outlet park right next to it, which is where the cabins are. The cabin's are reservable, but the campsites are not. First come. There is a few campsites that are reservable , but it is a $10.00 reservation fee, those are up on the reservoir in Bluestem I believe. The state parks dont make it very easy for us to plan anything. I just thought Id see if there is interest, and let you all check your calendars to see who could make it. :big_smile:

2. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    COUNT ME IN, I WILL MAKE THIS ONE FOR SURE :big_smile:

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I'll be there.
    There are also a couple of cabins on Bluestem point, not far from a boat ramp.

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We are in!! Im not gonna miss another gathering!:wink:

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Good to hear. :big_smile:

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    you know me, i'll be there or die tryin :big_smile:

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    If you already have your State park permit, a site with water & elec. is $17.50 a day. :roll_eyes:
    You still have to have a park permit to get to the cabins.:confused2:
    Like anywhere, anything on the water is gonna be strung out, but there are some decent sites on Bluestem.
    The only reservable sites I know of, don't have much in the way of beachfront property, and what little there is, is pretty shallow.

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I figured Id be fishing mostly at the river pond or the spillway. Id like to try up north also where the river comes in. :big_smile:

9. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I KNOW SOME PLACES UP THE RIVER THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET A PARK PERMIT, I'M NOT SURE IF YOU CAN CAMP UP THERE. THERE IS ALWAYS THE OLD QUARY IT IS DEEP (30/40 FOOT) WITH GOOD SPOTS TO BANK FISH, I'VE CAUGHT FLATHEADS THERE:smile2: RWG

10. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Count me in! I'm going to try and bring my buddy too.

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    We'll be there, but that does sound expensive.:embarassed:
    Id rather go in on a cabin or go in with someone on a site and sleep in the truck.:wink::smile2:

12. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    ill see if i can possibly make it for a day, id like to meet those of you i didnt get a chance to at milford, but i got a wedding to attend in randolph on the 8th

13. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The best campsites, in my opinion, are below the dam. You have to haul your boat a ways to the ramps, depending upon where you want to fish. By August it will probably be blazing hot during the day so you might consider a cool place to hole up when you're not fishing. Those cabins are really pretty nice and there are playgrounds and a swimming beach within walking distance. I'll be down there in the shade by the river or the beach.There are plenty of good bank fishing spots below the dam. Flathead fishing won't be as good as it is now but there will still be some good fishing at night.

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I will be there and i talked with Deadred and he's coming too.

Keith We will be wanting to rent a cabin so where you sleep all day and Rick & Me sleeps during the night:big_smile: maybe we can rent one together to cut cost.

I WANT AC IN AUG...!!!!!!:cool2::cool2:

As soon as this trip gets confirmed i will res the cabin..

15. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    What area/campground are you thinking? I will prob try to reserve a cabin for the family.

16. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    if its at eldorado im definitly there :big_smile: i can help out those of u who havent been before know the lake like the back of my hand :cool2::wink:

17. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    AMEN

18. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l Member

State:
    Kansas
    Christy and I will attend also. Are the cabins your reserving in Bluestem Park? We want to reserve one as soon as possible.

19. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    SISSY:roll_eyes::smile2:

20. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Nother SISSY:smile2::smile2: