EKY Sinker Pouring Party

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Jan 11, 2010.

Only answer this if you are interested in the EKY Sinker Party.

1. Yes I am interested in a sinker party

2. Yes I am interested but the weekend of February 22nd wont work for me

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have been seeing a lot of other states are getting there members together for sinker pouring. i was wondering if any of you all would want to get together to pour a few sinkers. it gives us a good opportunity to shoot the $#!t and to maybe trade molds around so that we can make sinker types that you may not have the molds for.

if you dont have any molds, just bring a little lead if you can find it and im sure you can use some one elses molds. i know i will be willing to let you use the couple i have.

if your interested, i was thinking around the end of February would be a good time to do it. I know i will be in town for sure the weekend of February 19th. that is the weekend after Valentines Day, so maybe the wives and girlfriends will be easy to let us all get together for some guy time.

For anyone that is viewing this from Ohio or West Virginia, most of us EKY guys are from the Tri-state/Ashland area, and you are more than welcome to join.

if your interested leave a post, so we can get an idea of if this will or will not happen.

2. KyKatfish

KyKatfish New Member

State:
    Summit, Ky
    IM game !! I dont have any molds but I have a couple buckets of lead wheel weights. Ill melt them down and clean it up before Id use anyones molds.

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    son where you been haven't seen you on here in a while hows all the cat gear coming:cowboy:

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'm game:Happy: I'll bring molds and BS!!! Sounds like a good time to me. We do need some guy time for sure. I have mold from 8oz. no-roll down to very small bank sinkers

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  5. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    larry you game, i know your good for some BS... ;)

looks like 3 as of now then, i got the Flat Banks 1/2-8oz and a large turkey fryer we can melt large pots of lead on.

hopefully jon,larry, jake, jeremy, and a few others will join in and it will be a fun time.

6. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I will plan on being there and bring molds if the weather permits.I will not pour lead inside a building or garage.
    Jake

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm game for it if I can get a hold of some lead. I'll talk to my Cuz the plumber and see what I can get.

8. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I would rather not pour inside ether Jake. I have been pouring in my driveway outside the garage door.

I will volunteer my house, or the shelter down the road. It is avalible most weekends and shouldn't cost anything. So if the weather is good I'm up for ether.

If someone else would rather do it at their house that is fine also.

9. festus

festus New Member

I'm getting off the subject, but is it difficult to find sinker molds that make over 1 oz bank sinkers? I was at Bass Pro Shops a couple weeks ago and noticed the biggest sinker molds they have is 1-1/2 oz. I'm sure Barlow's, Netcraft, or Cabela's has a better selection of sinker molds, I just haven't checked into it yet. Kmart was wanting $6 for two 4 oz egg sinkers when I checked over the weekend. Ridiculous.

10. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    about any mold you want, you can get from do-it for about $30-$35. 1/2-8oz are very easy to find. goto Barlows online and you can find it.

http://barlowstackle.com/

11. festus

festus New Member

Thanks Jeremy. I looked up the sinker molds at Barlow's. I really like two of their molds. One of their bank sinker molds makes 2, 3, 4, and 5 oz sinkers. Then one of their egg sinker molds makes 1,2,3,4, and 5 oz sinkers. I use mostly 1 oz, 1-1/2 oz, or 2 oz or 3 oz. I seldom go above a 3 oz, but have occasionally used a 5 oz. Maybe I need to order both of the molds. I'm pretty good friends with a tire dealer whose business is just a few hundred yards from my mother's place. Maybe I can get some lead from him fairly cheap or for free.

12. KyKatfish

KyKatfish New Member

State:
    Summit, Ky

I had house trouble and had to rewire that backside of the house and put in a new 200 amp service and breaker box.

I just bought 2 6500 c4's and ordered An ecat 4 to try out I probably get a Ugly cat to try as well. I talked to flame keeper Hes gonna build a rod for me sometime with a Marine Corps motif.

IM glad to be back though!!

13. BigDarrin

BigDarrin New Member

State:
    KY
    Count me in for some lead. I have some that looks just like Kens for some reason.. Oh yea I have a truckload of BS i can bring with me. LOL

14. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    from what i have found even some expensive lead costs $1 or less per pound. 1oz egg sinkers from cabelas are in a pk of 25 for $10.50 + $6 for shipping = $16.50, which brings each egg sinker to about $0.66 a piece. in reality you can buy 16 and a half pounds of the most expensive lead, or make 264 1oz sinkers or $174.24 worth of cabelas 1 oz sinkers. The size of the sinker goes up so does the price and the shipping. so it doesnt take long to make your money back very quickly.

last time i bought lead it was $10 for a 6 gallon or so bucket filled to the top. well over 50 or 60 lbs worth (if someone told me 100 i would believe them)

15. KyKatfish

KyKatfish New Member

State:
    Summit, Ky
    Ill tell you guys what!! Ill even make a big pot of Chili and a pot of Soup to bring to the party!! IM sure none of us Mind eatin!!

16. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    doesn't sound like a bad idea to me at all...

17. KyKatfish

KyKatfish New Member

State:
    Summit, Ky
    I really need to get with you guys and figure out what Tackle I need to buy. IE: Sinkers, Hooks, Line, Leaders, Bait stuffs and so on!

18. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    after an afternoon of pouring sinker i think you will have all that you will need. as for hooks, and the rest go, sounds like you have a good start to the rods and reels for sure. hooks, line choice and the rest is all preference and what you are trying to do. im still learning just like the rest of us.

19. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Jeremy is right!! After an evening of pouring sinkers all you will need will be, hooks, line and swivels of choice. We have a great selection of size/ molds. Sounds like this is going to really be a party. I'll bring some soft drinks to go with the chili and soup.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    This is sounding even better!!! I'll do my best to make this one. Not had any luck on lead yet but am still trying!