egg sinker mold

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by whisker_chaser, Apr 11, 2008.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am looking into getting an egg sinker mold. I would like to have one that would make some heavier sinkers like 3oz up to 8oz or so for bank lines. I would also like to have one that would leave a large hole in it for braided trot line like material. Can you just make a bigger pull pin for any of them? I am new to this facet so any help will be appreciated.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am sure you can by drillilng a part of the mold out for the larger pin. It would be best to do this with a mold that only produces two or three sinkers so the mold is not completly ruined. Just be careful with the first pouring.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Unless your going to need a lot of larger hole sinkers, why not drill the completed egg sinker hole out? Of course you would only have about $40.00 in the price of a second mold.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yea im thinking about getting me one too

5. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What is one of the better molds for price and function? Where do you purchase it? Thanks a lot

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    do it molds... pull pins are one size up to 8oz of lead. After that the pull pin size goes up.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I drilled out the holes for some large bell sinkers and it worked out just fine. The original holes were made for small swivels, which often came apart when casting the 6 & 8 ounce sinkers. I drilled out the holes so that I could insert a piece of coathanger; it doesn't swivel, but it doesn't break, either.

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    THE BEST PLACE TO BUY SINKER MOLDS IS FROM THE SINKER SHOP AND THE MINNO SEAIN STORE ON E BAY THE SINKER SHOP IS CUSTOM AND THE MINNO SEAIN SELLS DO-IT-MOLD CHEPPER THE YOU CAN BUY FROM DO-IT:big_smile: I LIKE THE NO ROLL BETTER THEN THE EGG AND I HAVE BOTH AND YOU MIGHT BUY SINKER CHEPPER ON E BAY THEN YOU CAN MAKE UNLESS YOU HAVE A LOT OF LEAD AND BY THE WAY USEING WHEEL WEIGHTS AND 8oz MOLD WILL BE 7.5 oz :sad2: THERE IS NO TIN IN WHEEL WEIGHTS