Egg Drop Soup

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by CuzICan, Dec 27, 2009.

1. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Very tasty and good if you don't want to eat anything real heavy but need to eat, like if you don't feel well....

4 Cups Chicken Broth 1 Can Whole Kernal Corn
    3 tsp dry sherry (optional) 2 large eggs, beaten
    2 TBS cornstarch in 3 TBS COLD Water

I about doubled this tonight, used 6 cups broth ( had some I had frozen in ice cube trays last time we boiled a chicken, and used a little powder too with water too) and 2 cans corn, 4 eggs. I like mine a little richer than most :wink:

Combine Broth and sherry and bring to a boil. (I didnt use sherry, as I didn't have any on hand) Add corn and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add eggs in a steady stream, stirring constantly, I swirled mine in then stirred real good and it worked fine! Stir in cornstarch and cook a few minutes longer, serve at once with the wonton ( the crispies that they have at the restaurants, may not have the name right) and a little hot sauce...salt and pepper.
    UMM UMM GOOOD!!!!!!

I really liked this and it is QUICK and simple to make, calling for basic ingredients that most of us have on hand all the time! It is very good! One of the boys g/f's said it was just like the restaurants serve and I thought so too!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Cornstarch is the key for a thick egg drop soup!

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'll have to try that, I like eggdrop soup but haven't tried it at home. :cool2:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I haven't tried it at home either Mike, but Cher's recipe sounds good....and Blacky's advice is good as well.

Never had corn in eggdrop soup Cherie, but I like corn and it sure can't hurt! :big_smile:

ONCE I've had homemade eggdrop soup, 20+ years ago....my pastor's wife made it, and although it wasn't bad, it wasn't like what you eat at an Asian buffet.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You could add pieces of chicken, carrots, onions, and celery and have Aisian/American Fusion chicken egg drop soup.

This stuff hits the spot on a cold blistery day like today!

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I hadn't had corn in it either, but tried the recipe the way it was written and it was GOOD! I was really surprised! :cowboy: