Eels

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by dust777man, Aug 20, 2007.

1. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    How do you go about catching these things? Would like to fish with them but have no clue in going about catching or even using them.

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro

You put one eight year old boy in yer boat. Add a line with a hook....wrap a piece of liver around it. Float all of the above on a river that is known to have eels....whalla!

Attached Files:

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Piece of worm usually works or a small piece of fish. We despise these bait snatchers down here works for bait for stripers though cats will ocassionaly take it.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Concentrate on old piers that have collapsed into the water. Rock jetties and any type of structure will produce them. The larger ones will be caught in the spring when they come up into tidal waters to spawn. Dureing the summer months you will catch plenty of small ones. The rig you use for cattin will work just fine. I use the same carolina rig that I use for cats to get em. They will eat just about anything. I have caught them on liver,worms, and various cut baits on hooks as large as 8/0. As far as bait for cats. In my opinion ya can't beat em. Start at the head and cut em up in good size chunks. Just put your hook through the dark part of the skin and hang on. It is not uncommon to catch several cats on the same piece of eel. To handle them I've found that one of those green scotch scrubbin pads does the trick. You will be surprised how much life id left in them even after loppin off thier head wich by the way is the best part. I luv em and use em every chance I get. Ice also helps take some of the wiggle outa them. So once ya catch em get em on ice.

Attached Files: