Eels

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by kaleigh, Oct 15, 2006.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    I have been catching a lot of eels and releasing them.A few Spanish guys where I fish started taking mine.They said they are great tasting if made right.But due to language barriors I had a hard time understanding them.ANY THOUGHTS OR IDEAS???????

2. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    hmmm when in doubt, fry it stout?

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Click on BOC "search",enter "eels",click on "show post".We have lot's of info on eels.Skin,clean and fry like a catfish.I like to split a slot each side and parallel of the backbone to cook out a pink juice that will often be left when a eel is done.They are considered a delicacy in Europe and Asia.Up there with Oysters.My Grandfather and friends liked them.I don;t.They also liked Large Mouth Bass.I don;t.It is strictly a matter of taste.Many recipes are on the internet.They are also great Catfish bait.Fish live or dead.Cut up or whole.peewee

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    There is a rumor in Jersey goin around that they are goin to pass a law that it is goin to be illegal to use for any uses at all. Seems that they are goin to get some sort of protected status. I would usually dismiss such rumors but they have come from a few different solid source

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'll protect em all in my bait cooler. LOL!

6. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They are just another type of shark bait for me. also a pain in the butt getting off the hook. hope this helps :lol:

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I tell ya what it will be hard to walk away for cut eels for cat bait or live for stripers if they pass that law:angry:

8. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've had eel, and think it's pretty tasty. Skin them straight out, and fry them. Flesh come off the bone in four easy pieces.

9. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    good catfish bait and if you wet your hands and rub sand on your hands it makes holdin them to get them off your hook easier.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I caught a lot of them when I lived in ms. never liked the taste of them They love them smoked in Germany:cool2: