eels

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by bronco67, Oct 3, 2005.

1. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    IVE BEEN TOLD EELS WORK GREAT AS BAIT FOR JUST ABOUT ANY CAT IN MOST RIVERS AND LAKES, AND HAVE USED THEM TO SOME SUCSESS BUT NOW I TRY TO CATCH THEM IN MY NEW POTS BUT NOTHING. IM BAITING THE POT WITH BEEF LIVER, ABOUT 0.5 LBS LEAVEING OVER NIGHT AND THEN CHECKING THE NEXT NIGHT I PUT THEM AT THE BOTTOM OF SPILLWAYS AND DAMS OF TRIBUTARIS OF NEUSE RIVER HERE IN NCIF ANY ONE HAS IDEAS THAT COULD HELP PLEASE CHIME IN IM AT A LOSE? :confused:

2. crazy_crappie88

crazy_crappie88 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Al
    Ive heard of people catching cats on eel , but i couldnt tell u about them because ive never used them before.Im pretty sure from what ive heard that theyll work great.

3. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Try wrapping the liver in stockings or something similar.I trap eels in a minnow trap and have gotten more eels by wrapping the liver in panty hose rather than setting the livers lose.I use chicken livers not beef,but if beef has worked for you before it shouldn't be much different.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Get them traps set up bye some old piers or rock piles. As far as usein them for bait ya won't be dissapointed. Cut them bad boys up startin rite behind the head in the size pieces ya wanna use. Just run the hook through the dark part of the skin one time and let it dangle from your hook of choice. Once you run that hook through the skin you will see why they make belts and wallets outa them. LOL!