Eels

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Cat Assassins, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Cat Assassins

Cat Assassins New Member

State:
    NC
    Whats up, i'm new to this form. I wanted to know if any of yall were bulk ordering eels off line. I am tired of paying $3.00 at the bait shop

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charlie Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Sorry I can't help you on the Eel question.

3. Cat Assassins

Cat Assassins New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks I am from Johnston county NC

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Charlie i get some from the bait shop at times but rite now i am catching some in the river downtown an freezing them for later usage

5. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Catching your own is what would be my suggestion. Eels are quite hardy and probably freeze well. Welcome to BOC.

Ray

6. Cat Assassins

Cat Assassins New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks guys for info i have a pond near my house that i have caught a few in with a fish trap. But i'm look of a larg supply. I have looked on line but keep coming up empty. The bait shops have to order them from somewere Right.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Eels used to be around here all the time. Then, they got scarce. I wanted to start catching them so I could sell them as they are $1.25 to $2.25 in the baits shops in Florence. I did some research and came up with this:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124780

BTW: I think the SC eel sellers buy them in bulk from NC. I know that eels congregate at the power dam at Blewitt Falls when they migrate up river. I heard that you could dip, them up by the thousands, but I haven't been able to find anyone to tell me WHERE specifically, nor have I found the regulations on it. Hope this helps, and if you get anymore info, post it up!

Bill in SC