eels for catfish bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by katman#1, Dec 24, 2009.

1. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I live in sc were is some where i can catch some ells or trap them thats local i want to try them as bait for big blues

2. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    We can catch them up in here in NC on our tidal river system. We just throw out shrimp on small hooks around docks and stuff. We catch them much bigger than we can buy them and I think the bigger ones work better.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I agree completely! It's some really good bait if you can get your hands on it. Sometimes they can be harder to catch than the friggin catfish!

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah up here in Va you can get them at every bait store, I have yet to go to one that doesnt sell them. They vary at different stores from $2.50-$2.99 each live or $3.99 for chopped up ones in a ziplock. They have all sizes little ones for fishing smaller lakes and big ones that look like water mocassins lol. I catch them sometimes at the lake attached to my apartments on nightcrawlers, medium minnows and shrimp. But in the lake all I catch are the big ones so I cut them up. I have caught fish on them live but the biggest one on a piece of cut eel has been 44LBs.

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks guys but does anyone know were I can catch freshwater ells in south carolina