Eel River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by river scum, Jan 6, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    anyone have any flathead info on the eel river north of logan?

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    River Scum,

I've been on the Eel a couple times but I've only seen channels...a couple nice ones though. Not sure about flatties

Attached Files:

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats a nice channel for a small river like the eel!

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Nice channel so where is the eel river?

5. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    ive got a buddy in bowling green, inbetween terre haute and bloomington off highway 46, and he fishes the eel a lot. but he uses worms mostly but he has caught a couple flat head he said but nothing huge. I think theres probably flatties in most creeks and rivers in indiana. i caught a 20# in sugar creek two years ago, and that was about 6 miles up stream from the mouth.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    brian & beaneye

the eel river i speak of meets the wabash in logansport. its a small shallow rocky river,at least when it gets down there. i think it goes all the way up north of US 30, but is just a ditch up that there.

bean where is your eel river bud?

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

thanks, just trying to learn my way around IN

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Eel's a pretty decent smallie stream as well. FYI, the channel in the my previous post and these SMB were captured just below the Adamsboro brigde.

Attached Files:

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    matt:

nice lookin smallies, i wondered about that. those are another pation of mine. we mite have to give them a whirl this summer too.

brian:

when you get to indiana, go get an uncle larry's or hoosier hank's road map. these ,fold up, maps have all the county roads+ lakes n streams. it will help you a lot in finding access.

10. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim,

I've got another smallie spot a little closer to home we should try sometime. I haven't fished it but we've sampled there in 2 of the last 3 years. Rock Creek has some nice fish in it....the occassional nice channel too!

11. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Fishgeek, those are really nice smallies, did you keep em? it looks like a fancy livewell/watering trough ya got there. I ve fished up there 1 time on the Eel but my buddies in-laws live right there and he is a big smallie guy and is always talling me about nice fish he gets up there. Were those on live bait or artificials, Just curious...;)

Salmonid

12. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Aaahh...."artificials?"...I kinda' cheated, Salmonid. It was a (DNR) stream survey so we used a boat electrofishing unit. And yes, all those fish were released!

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ok bud lets try it. cedar creek is also full of smallies!

14. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I know this is a different Eel River...but anyone ever fished down by Worthington where the Eel flows into the White? Looks like it should be a killer hole.....

15. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not I Scott!

Hey, welcome to the BOC. Always nice to have another Indiana member.

16. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Glad to be here...great site. I am a member of CAG, but I also love to fight the big flatheads and blues. I fish the White River alot from Waverly to Henderson Ford...and on the northside of Indy.

17. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    If you are looking for smallmouth then White Lick Creek in Hendricks county is a great spot. You can access it from the Plainfield or Avon parks. Another great stream is the Big Blue River. I used to fish there all the time with my grandfather and caught some really nice fish. I have my best luck using rooster tail spinners.