Eel River Channel Catfish

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by colt1888, May 18, 2009.

1. colt1888

colt1888 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Me and my brother have been hammering the Channel cats now for about 3 weeks in the Eel river at Logansport. Nothing majorly big yet, but good eating size. My brother and I have kept a few but i usually turn em loose unless im in the mood to clean. He just stopped over and had 2 that he caught and was gonna clean, said he got 6 total. River is way high but we have access to an area of calmer water near the generating plant in town. Might have to head to gramps and get some chubs this week and try for the big flats. Also caught about a 3.5 pound spawning smallmouth last week in there on a nightcrawler and bobbr in the dark.

2. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Eel's a nice little river but the cat's don't make it too far upstream from what I here. The DNR have picked up VERY few in their surveys anywhere close to North Manchester. Sure looks like it could be a great little flathead river though! You might try by the Adamsboro Bridge. I've seen some very nice channels come out of there.

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh, BTW...welcome to the BOC Colt!

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i would think the flat fishing would be good at high water there. i havent fished it in years and not much at that. i would think the flats would run up from the bash at least a few miles or to the first barrier. the high water periods repopulate,the upper reaches of rivers, in my opinion.

welcome to the b.o.c.