eel for bait

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by katmax, Aug 24, 2009.

1. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    has anyone used eels for bait and did it work?:0a21:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You mean you don't. LOL! NUFF SAID!

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Kenneth it works here in eastern N.C very good ,it's also a tough bait ,stays on hook good

4. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I have used them. Used a foot long eel one time and caught two flatheads(18 and 6 lbs) on the same eel. Have put a 18 inch eel on a limbline a long time ago and caught a 24 inch channel cat. That fish hit right where the hook was. Know some guys that use them on trotlines and catch nice cats. Heard of one 52 pound flathead caught on cut eel back in the spring(limbline). This is on the Altamaha River. I see you are in Ga. Let me know how you do. Good luck...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Works great here in Virginia. Never heard of using it before I get here but it has been one of my top 2 most consistent baits for fish bigger than 8lbs along with cutbait

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I love it when I catch an eel . I cut it up as bait , never have used a whole eel . Its a really bloody bait and seems to always catch cats . I can usually go to the kaskaskia river and bait up with night crawler and catch an eel . Of corse I catch a load of drum on the crawler also . We go for eel and catch all kinds of other fish making it fun .

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Here in Ohio as a kid we used to dig mud eels up an use them as bait. Let me tell you they were awesome for any fish in the water!

8. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    guess ill have to find out how to locate & catch them now......:0a31:

9. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Dont know about where you are, but here in Va they sell them in bait shops live or cut up. Some are so big they look like water mocassins lol, seriously