Edisto Sunday night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by stumphumper, Sep 10, 2008.

1. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    After fighting my way down river across bars and stumps I finally got set up with about two dozen live redbreasts. Fished until 3 am with only one bite. 7 lbs flattie.

River is back down and falling pretty fast. ( never was up all that much to start with) I think I'll stick to the flats and chase tailers until I see some major rainfall in the Aiken/ Orangeburg area, or take a road trip to the Santee or Pee Dee.

2. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Thanks for the report Danny. I always glad to see an Edisto River report.

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report. I am thinking about trying the river again this weekend (if I can get a kitchen pass and if this head cold cooperates).

I've gotten a few pretty good flatheads in the Santee, but I am still trying to figure that place out. LOTS of woody cover. Maybe too much for me. I always seem to go home frustrated from the Santee. I lose a lot of rigs there and have a hard time finding a good looking spot to fish without snags...

Flounder are still going good, and the trout ought to be picking up.

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    By the way - did you try fishing down in the deeper holes to see if the fish dropped down deeper with the low water?

5. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    Sorry for the tardy reply. John, I fished a 18-20ft hole adjacent to a deep pond thinking the same thing you are. Usually a recipie for success, but not so this time. However, it is as good a late redbreast bite as I have seen in last several years.

We have some pretty nice flood tides this week so I might have a hard time making it to the river but will post a report when I do.