Edisto River 10/9

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by stumphumper, Oct 9, 2008.

1. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    Knocked off early today thinking the weatherman had missed it. In the water by 12:30. Bait fishing was HOT!!! I had two dozen in the well in no time. Decided to bass fish to kill some time before setting up. Ended up with six. The largest was 4 lbs. Then the weather hit. One of the worst storms I have rode out on the river in years. I decided to just pack it in after an hour of getting hammered by hail. I left the bream in the well and will try again in the next day or two, but expect all that fresh water comming in to screw it up pretty good.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad to hear the brim fishing was good. I have been having a harder and harder time getting baits for the last few years. Personally, I think it;s the drought - we haven't had a good flood in a few years.

Maybe I'm just stuck in a rut. You catching them with worms?

3. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    John- Crickets or worms generally do the trick, but lately I have been using yellow jacket larve from a nest I robbed a couple of weeks ago. Also catch a lot on little Blue Fox gold inline spinners. I haven't been able to find the particular one locally. Only in the mountains when I take a trout trip. I am planning a trip soon and will stock up and save you a couple. They are my goto when even live bait won't do the trick.

As for bream numbers in general, they do seem to be on the decline. The low water may have something to do with it, but I think it's (you guys forgive me) the flatties. I know I'm gonna catch hell for this, but thats why no flathead I catch is ever released back into the Edisto.