Eclipse of the Moon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Feb 20, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    How many saw the eclipse tonight. Still going on here as I type this.Moon is almost covered over.Suppose to last till about 11. Rather neat to see but too darn cold to stand out very long. Wish I had a better camera.:sad2:
    Next one will be in Sept of 2010 so they say.

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    We have cloud cover now I can't see the moon I took a pic of the full moon before it got cloudy . was all ready to get some good pics now none :sad2:

Attached Files:

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I saw part of it. Very cool. The moon tonight was bigger than I think I've ever seen it. Then bout half was darken out. It was cool. I came in, now its cloudy and I cant see any of the moon. I going back out in a few.
    I wish I had took a pic of the part I saw.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for that pic. I never think about pics.
    it was big tonight.
    I wonder if the catfish was biting

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Yep, went out and seen it, it was kind of cloudy but I got to see it. I didn't get pics though, I forgot that it was tonight, otherwise I would have pulled out the telescope with camera on it. Now I have to wait till 2010.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If ya think the moon is neat try the sun when it has an eclipse. I was living in Washington State the last one I encountered. Where I lived it was total and it was very spooky. It was a beautiful day and inside of 10 min. It was so dark black it just made chills go up my spine.:crazy::eek:oooh:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I too remember a eclipse of the sun .It does get dark.Wonder how many years there is between eclipses of the sun.Does anyone know?

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Off the top of my head.. I thought when I was younger I heard the next one wouldn't be like for another 30 years. Could definetely be wrong though.

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
  10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey Brian, you know we will never see that eclipse. Nostradamus said we are all gonna die on 21 Dec 2012. and we all know that guy was never wrong. :wink:

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That's cool... Look at all those years then we don't have to pay increasing taxes. Always a silver lining! :cool2:

12. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
  13. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    he is nuts:crazy:

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We saw it here in Va. my son broke out his telescope. Hes a real star gazer!!

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I tried to check it out last night but there was an over cast here.

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went to bed !!!!! :big_smile:

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I saw it... only for a moment...then the moment was gone..too cloudy.:smile2:

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think it was 1969 or 70, when I lived in Virginia Beach VA. it was a total E. of the sun. Bout 1 pm, bright clear sunny day. it first became a weird kind of hazy look then total darkness like it was 1am. it was something I'll never forget. Reminded me of a Nuke war going on. When moon covered sun, I could see what looked like flames burning around the moon. I looked at it with bare eyes
    . I remember the news saying some went blind over looking at it with bare eyes. guess I was lucky at the time.
    I have never seen anything like it since.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thought it was the myans or something. but the sun and star have doomsday articles everydaylol.

i was it last eve. my wife noticed it or i wouldnt have seen a thing. she went out for wood. and when i was in grade school we had a solar eclipse. and ya. dark at mid day. cool. i thought nostrils was coming after me then.:smile2:

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv