ebay

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bobwheelr, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    found this carb set on ebay, will it work on my 95 40 Evinrude, E40TLEOD.
    Its a 1987 40 Evinrude, E40ELCUD

Please let me no asap so i can buy it now, before it gets gone.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bob I went back and searched through the BRP parts book and the only carb that will fit that motor has to be from the 1995 1996, 1997
    They changed a bunch in 95 and stayed the same until through 1997.
    They will bolt up to your intake but will never perform right. I know why but its a long drawn out thing.

Is you carb busted or totaly gone or what. We may be able to repair or I can get you the parts numbers to get it fixed.

3. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Bubba for your reply, i broke the what i call the high speed cooper reed that runs from the center of carb through to the bottom of bowel . its the copper gas port about 1/8" with about 6-8 small holes. this peice has another copper pipe about 3/8 that covers first peice. i was told its not fixable. i have looked for a used carb everywhere but nothing so far. the number on carb side in a circle is 338069 and on the top under the cover plate on carb is the #GT 431723. i was told these numbers dont match any carb # for Evinrude or Johnson. The carb everyone tells me i need is a 0439458
    1995 Evinrude E40TLEOD 40 hp

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bob I don't have time to look right now but when I come in this afternoon I'll see what I can round up for yea. Yep if you have broken that part the top has to be replaced and on some of those you could order the top but if the other part doesn't match then you are back to square one.