Ebay

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Locke, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Locke

Locke New Member

State:
    IL
    Anyone here use ebay?
    I just signed up for an account so I'm new to it. (I know, I'm really late on things)

Just wondering if anyone has ever bought anything on Ebay. Get any good deals?

Thinking about trying to get some deals on fishing supplies such as fish finders and ugly stik rods. I'm sort of afraid to buy a fish finder because electronics might not be all that they were described to be.

Thanks bros. :cool2:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    a lot of us ebay, Jeremy.
    i have bought and sold all kinds of stuff, from a 200' antenna tower, to a cpu bracket for my computor.
    always check out the feedback from someone you want to buy from. stay away from too much negative feedback sellers. always check shipping costs, and be sure you know how the seller wants to get paid. i only buy from paypal sellers, and when i sell that is all i take.

i also resist buying from overseas. there are some sellers that ship from hongkong that i am wary of.

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i agree. if the shipping cost isnt posted or calculable, i wont buy. alot of times the shipping costs are how the seller makes up for the low cost of what the item sells for. makes no sense to pay $40 for something and $20 for shipping when you could get the same thing at a local store for $60. other than the shipping charge scams, ive had good experiences at ebay.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Phil gave you some great advice, I have done around 700 transactions without one problem. The main thing is to check feedback, dont buy if they are not reputable. Pay through Paypal also when you can, they offer a money back type insurance on purchases.

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I love ebay I just got a brand new St. Croix noodle rod for 70 dollars what a great deal as Tea said watch who you buy from read their feedback and score. I have never had a bad transaction.

6. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    i have bought a few things on ebay without any bad experiences. know what you want to give for the item, check feedback, check shipping cost, and make sure in the description whether it is new or used. good luck

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I too use ebay and follow the same advice the others have given you. I only check in the USA and they must have god feedback scores. Using paypal is always the best IMO. I have only had one incident that was quickly resolved by the seller but never a big problem.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Good grief Phil, did you have your own radio station or something? :0a5:

9. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My last two pickups and my wifes Deville came off of Ebay. I love it. I used to sell a lot on it to make a living. Now money is tight and people are not wasting money on Ebay like they used too. Too hard to make a living selling.

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I love ebay! Bought some top notch stuff on there for pennies!! Good luck and Use your common sense!

11. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I also use ebay and I'm now in a bidding war on a couple of items but I think everyone so far has given you a lot of good advice such as know what an item costs locally before you bid because it may not be a bargain by the time you add the shipping cost onto an item.

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I use e bay also. Like everyone says shipping cost and feed back. Feed back can be found on the right side of the selling page.
    I got a good deal on a trolling motor.
    Bill

13. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm blacklisted on Ebay and Paypal! I had signed up one time because an online bookstore was connected with Ebay and Paypal and was the only one selling the book I needed for the price I wanted to pay.

I didn't like all of the personal history I had to give Ebay and Paypal just for the privilege of using an online store. So after I received the book and paid the bill, I looked for a way to opt out of Ebay and Paypal. I sent them notes requesting that my membership be revoked and received several threats of the sort once you opt out, you will not be allowed to sign up again.

Well, I haven't tried, either. Of all online shopping sites on the Internet, I feel that Ebay and Paypal are the most intrusive. I can understand their reasons, but I will not agree to let them keep my personal information in their database.

14. Locke

Locke New Member

State:
    IL
    Bidding war? You are just making the price go higher and higher. I'd just outbid them at the end of the auction.

15. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ebay owns PayPal. They bought out PayPal a couple years ago.

16. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I've Bought And Sold Tons Of Stuff On Ebay For A Few Years Now. U Just Gotta Be Careful And Read Everything About An Item And Ask Any ??'s U Have B4 U Buy.
    Shaun

17. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ive botten lots of stuff off of Ebay. Ive only had a problem with one seller. I always buy from someone who has sold over 1,000 items and has a rating of 98 percent or higher. It doesnt garuntee your going to get what you want on time, but it does seem to help. I usually dont play the bidding war, I just find the "Buy it now"s and save the hassle. Always pay for inurance when offered on shipping and handling. Saved my from a few headaches before.

Not that it matter, but Paypal is just 4.3 miles from my house!