Ebay Sellers, Question for ya

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SubnetZero, May 29, 2007.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I'm wanting to sell my 4wheeler/trailer/etc. I was curious about listing it on Ebay. I will most likely try the local route first, then broaden it out if I do not sell it.

My question is, I was trying to figure out what ebay charges to list it.,
    From What I can figure, if it sells, I would owe them about $63.00 (Im wanting $3,000 out of it all) based off this :

Equal to or Over $1000.01
    5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.25% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 ($31.69), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1000.01 - closing value)

and if the Item doesnt Sell, I just have to pay the "Insertion" fee.. Is that correct?

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Tim, i was gonna answer, but i am just not sure how to reply to the "Insertion" fee.................:embarassed:

:lol:

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    There are special prices that apply to ATV's. Check out Ebay motors for details.

4. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Another thing that you may want to do prior to listing on e-bay is research what the same item is bringing on prior ended auctions within a 3 or 4 state area that you live in (reasonable driving distance for the average buyer to come and pick up.). I have noticed that some things have not been doing as well price wise since the economy is starting to tighten up for a lot of people and sell or not you still owe the listing fee which could possibly run about 40.00. That is the fee for a motorcycle anyway.

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

hehe, when I read that on their site, I kinda chuckled myself....

Thanks for all the answers guys.. Hopefully it will sell local and I won't have to deal with it :lol: .. New fish Finder going on the boat after it sells :cool2: