Ebay Scam, laugh at this one!! Salvador Daly works for Ebay!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Here is the email I got today.

Dear eBay customer,

There is a pr oblem with the ca rd you used while bidd ing at one of our auc tions.
    A communi cation prob lem with the ba nk server might ha ve cau sed that prob lem too
    but we are un able to col lect our com mission.

Until the prob lem is sol ved you would ne ed to use a dif ferent card so, please,

eBay Online ServiceĀ®
    Looking for ward to a good co-op eration.

Best wishes,
    Salvador Daly
    eBay Departament.

So, just so you know. It looks like Salvador Daly got a new job, he works for ebay. LMAO You would think these scam artists would be a little more creative!! :big_smile:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thanks for the heads up Tea. The scammers are busy at work as usual. But Salvador Daly man who couldn't see that one.

3. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Okay, color me dumb, but who is Salvador Daly? I don't get it... I mean, unless you made a recent winning bid on ebay this would obviously be a scam, but then, I don't do the ebay thing so I'm sort of in the dark here.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  5. DirtyHowi

DirtyHowi New Member

State:
    va
    Lets face it, these guys arent real bright..

how to mess with a e-bay/ paypal scam, also works for most bank scams when your not a member of the bank.

1. Login with bogus info, my personal favorite login is not repeatable here..you get the picture...

2. choose visa (if they make you pick) and put in 4111 1111 1111 1111 (remember, these guys arent' bright and dont' check) this is a valid visa test number and returns the proper checksum to the script running to see if the card is valid or not.

3. put in some reasonable expire date, most cards expire within 3-5 years so pick something out there.

4. CVV code, my personal favorite is 666 but you can pick any three numbers (like i said they aint that bright). besides this is only used during the sale to verify you have the card in your hand.

5. of course give them the address of kofi annon or something similar, I have in the past used bill clinton, george bush, richard nixon or pick your favorite celebrity for the name and address.. 1600 pennsylvania ave, washington dc etc (you can look up the zip online, i just put in 5 random numbers).

hit submit, if enough of us learn this and make them wade through tons of bogus data, maybe they'll go away. not likely tho.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
  7. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I bet theyll get some dummies though. Thats such crap.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thanks I will have to remember to try this for the THIEVES and I hope it causes them trouble.