EBAY Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by dwreel, Sep 11, 2006.

1. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Browsing thru ebay last night I noticed several Abu reels advertised as" New, display model, no box or papers". Does "no papers" mean No guarentee? Also, are the reels a safe/good buy. I'm hesitating to bid on one.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well look at the feedback and see if there are above 99 or so percent. Also the warranty you can always send them to abu garcia and the will fix them however I have never had to send one back to them. They make you pay to have them fixed most of the time well at least shipping even if you buy them brand new.

Also you should get a paypal account and pay that way unless you have one already in that case you can file a claim if the item is not a discribed. Hope this help as I am a ebay seller with over 900 positive feedbacks.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I bought one used reel on ebay it came without papers, it was exactly what it said it was. I usually trust sellers who have a high feedback rating. I ended up selling the reel, because It wasn't what I thought I wanted, but that was my fault not the sellers.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Usually just means it was a display model, Ive bought 1 off of Ebay plan to buy another once I get the cash going. I want a 7000 now I just need to convince the wife I need it LOL

5. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    I bought a Abu 6000 described like you said and have not had any problems with the reel. Just becareful who you buy from.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I have bought a lot of reels off Ebay and as others said check out thier feedback, I have only had one bad one so far.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I just recently bought a Ambassadeur 6000 reel from ebay. It was advertised as new without box and papers. It is a great reel and ,Man, will it cast!! Hope that helps and I can send you the Ebay seller ID if you might want one from him.

8. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Man, I love looking at the fishing stuff on ebay. I aint ever got any of the things on there I wanted but my GF sure has and she loves buying stuff on there. I hope that one day I can get myself something nice from there.

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Just be carefull who you buy from.. I bought a Penn 209 from a guy on there.. My 1st purchase.. He had a good rep. I should have been a little leary when he said he didn't know anything about reels.. I got what I paid for.. It's got at least 1 broken spring inside.. I haven't taken it apart to see what it's going to cost to fix it..

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sounds similar to what happened to me man, I got a 109 from some dumb guy, I should have known he was a moron when he couldn't even spell anything and typed in all caps....LOL! Anyway, the clicker didn't work on it, and when I told him he sent me a email that I could barely read that said I rated too long, I replied and said, that's BS, I just got the reel from you, and I never could get another reply.

But that's the only time I've been ripped off, and I've bought over 50 things from ebay so far.

11. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I just bought a Penn 320 GT2 . On ebay on the 6th of Sept I will have to let everyone know if it is any good or not it is used with out box. I paid $47.46 plus 9.00 shipping . After the gathering that is.

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have been checking them out too has any bought one from overseas:big_smile:

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just check the feedback like others have said.

14. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thanks guys. I appreciate all the feed back.

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i just bought/bid and won 5 different abu reels for someone i know on e-bay, so far so good, reels were just as shown and described! like others have said, look at their feedback rating.

16. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Well, I bid on and won an Ambassadeur 6000 on EBay which I received today. Can't believe I got it for $36.00. It looks and feels just fine. I'm really happy with the clicker. It's plenty loud enough for me. Gonna put some line on it and check it out on the golf course tonight.

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Never bought any reels from ebay but lots of other stuff. Been pretty lucky too. always got the item. Look for their rank though (positive feedback)

18. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've bought 4 reels off of Ebay, including a 6600C3LD this afternoon. I've had good luck so far, always watch the feedback %.

If they are below 98% I'll take the time to read their feedback, you can usually get a pretty good feel for what kind of seller they are. As a seller on Ebay myself, I know that some people are just unreasonable, and you can get negative feedback unfairly.

As always, "buyer beware", if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
    Also, last but not least, be very skeptical of "2nd chance offers", they are one of the scammers favorite ways to get their hooks in to you.

19. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I new there was some good use for golf courses other than building home"s for the homeless, but I have bought several reels on ebay and they have always bee just what they said they were, as far a buying from oversea sellers, I leave they alone cause every time I tryed I get a bunch of messages about junk that I don't want to buy, so I leave them alone.

20. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thank you BrotherREP TO YOU:cool2: