ebay purchase gone wrong

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Steve Douglas, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    anybody real filmilar with the ebay game?
    i purchased some stuff last week, and the lady had 10 available, but after i purchased these items, she contacted me and said she only had 3 and was expecting the rest to come in last week! but now when i go to check the it is no longer avaiable and theres a note, that say that person is no longer a registered user! however she did get my 90.00 bones

is there somthing that paypal or ebay can do? or am i screwed!

thanks

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    paypal is the one that backs it up to a certain amount

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Log in to EBay and down at the bottom of the screen there is a link to the Resolution Center. They should be able to help, also Paypal should help.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Steve, Tell me you payed with pay pal and we can for sure fix this. If not there are other things we can try.
    PM me the item number and let me see what I can find out on the buyer.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats the main reason I never buy on E-Bay,Too many folks making a living using it. If ya get to looking there are tons of businesses selling product there. I'd rather just buy from a retailer than have the price jacked up by some joker in an auction.:wink:

6. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    if you payed with paypal it should be pretty wasy to get your money back.

Ebay is great but I make a habit to only buy from people with good feedback and shop around a lot before I buy.

7. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Just file an item not delivered claim that should do it. You find more crooks buying than selling on there. I won't ship without proof of delivery any more. People will file an item not delivered after they get the item and get thier money back and keep the product if I don't have the proof of delivery. Surprising how many family members will get a package and not mention it then it suddenly turn up after I show proof of delivery. I keep 400 to 500 items on ebay and threaten to quit it every week because of all the thieves on both sides. Then you have the guys that will buy your thousand dollar item with a two thousand dollar check if you will send them the overpayment by western union. I have a drawer full of those checks waiting for them to pick them up.

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Those are the reasons I never bought anything on Ebay. I did register, but forgot the name and password. I would only buy something that I can pick up, and pay in cash now. I shop Craigslist but only close enough to go pick it up and pay cash.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have bought and sold a ton of stuff on eBay. You do have to be very careful and be SURE you are dealing with a 99+% positive feedback seller. I no longer sell on eBay due to FEES FEES FEES! Between eBay, and IT'S subsidiary Pay Pal, you have to add 15% to your item cost to cover the FEES! It's getting ridiculous. Their greed has led to numerous sellers NO LONGER using their service because of all the FEES. As a buyer, however, I still use it often.

Bill in SC

10. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Yeah, I've been burned by eBay scams before. I didn't know at the time I could have disputed the charges for the bootleg item I bought with PayPal, or I wouldn't have paid the person who scammed me. I did get an item, but it was a copy somebody had made of some audio books on their home computer and sent to me on a bunch of CD-R discs with paper labels. I found many other auctions by the same dude of other audio book "lots", and a quick glance every so often at the audio books for sale shows the exact same offerings popping up every couple of months by the same guy with a different seller name.

I hope you get it resolved. If you find out a way to report a scam that eBay will listen to, let me know. I could find no email address or customer service number to report the person's other auctions or explain the scam, just a form to fill out that eBay ignored. They are getting a cut, why should they police scams?

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you paid with Paypal just log into your account and get the customer service number and its on of the choices. Good luck.

12. Jerry Cline

Jerry Cline New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hope you get it resoveld steve. I have bought a ton of stuff on ebay and have never had a problem. pay pal is the answer.

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have a paypal account i havent checked in almsot a year:eek:oooh: hope its all good lol