eBay learning experience

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 3, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    EBAY IS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST GOT A 1LB SPOOL OF 12 LB BBG FOR $16.50( WITH SHIPPING ) SO I LOVE EBAY FOR THIS REASON.........

NOW I ALSO HATE EBAY BECASUE I JUST SOLD 2 300 YD SPOOLS OF CRYSTAL FIRELINE FOR $25 + SHIPPING

THE BOTTEM OF MY LISTING SAYS

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL ONLY. WINNER WILL RECEIVE INVOICE SHOWING ACTUAL SHIPPING CHARGES AFTER YOU SEND ME YOUR INVOICE (ADDRESS) . ACTUAL SHIPPING WILL BE BASED ON WINNER'S LOCATION, NOT THE AMOUNT LISTED. SHIP TO LOWER 48 ONLY.

IVE BEEN ON EBAY LONG ENOUGH THAT SOME PEOPLE CAN COST YOU ALOT OF MONEY IF YOU DONT HAVE BUYINGTERMS ON THE PAGE.......

SO WHO BUYS IT ??????? GUY IN EUROPE !!!! 5,229 MILES AWAY FROM THE CENTER OF MY HOUSE TO THE CENTER OF HIS AREA CODE
    IT GETS BETTER!!!! ( HE BID ON IT AND THEN ASKED ME HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING ) LIKE 1 HR BEFORE THE LISTING ENDED ( I WASNT EVEN HOME )

TO HAVE IT SHIPPED TO HIM IT WOULD BE $23.85 SO TOTAL COMES OUT TO $48.85 STILL $10 CHEAPER THAN RETAIL( NOT GRATE BUT SOMETHING ) :confused2:

WHEN I GOT THE QUOTA I KNEW HE WASNT GOING TO PAY FOR IT BECASUE I WOULDNT WANT TO PAY $24 TO HAVE FISHING LINE SENT TO MY DOOR... I FLAT OUT TOLD HIM THAT SHIPING IS GOING TO SUCK BECASUE UR ACROSS SEAS!!!

NO RESPONCE.......10 DAYS......... SO I EMAIL HIM AND ASK IF HE WANTS TO BUY IT OR IF HE CANT GET TO A PC AND 10 MINUTES LATER I GET THIS BACK "

The problem is that your shipping cost are extrely high and that you didnt answer my question about the shipping cost. I think you not are a serious seller, and will make that clear in my feedback.

SO I REPLIED:

WELL... FIRST OFF... THIS DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE;

"The problem is that your shipping cost are extrely high and that you didnt answer my question about the shipping cost."

I MUST HAVE ANSWERED YOU BECASUE YOU KNOW THAT ITS "EXTREMLY HIGH"

WHEN I SAW THE MESSAGE IN MYEBAY I SAW YOU WERE THE ONE BIDDING ON THE LISTING. SO WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU BID ON SOMETHING AND THEN ASK A QUESTION ABOUT AN IMPORTANT THING LIKE SHIPPING???
    * ALSO, YOU COULD OF GIVEN ME AN AREA CODE* SEEING HOW I DIDNT KNOW YOUR ID IS YOUR ADRESS

SECOND
    THE SHIPPING IS "EXTREMLY HIGH" BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO READ MY DESCRIPTION STATING "ACTUAL SHIPPING WILL BE BASED ON WINNER'S LOCATION, NOT THE AMOUNT LISTED. SHIP TO LOWER 48 ONLY. " AND YOU LIVE IN KNORWAY 5,229 MILES FROM MY HOUSE.

THIRD
    THIS ENTIRE SITUATION COULD OF BEEN AVOIDED IF YOU SIMPLY TOLD ME THAT YOU DONT WANT TO BUY THE ITEM BECAUE OF THE SHIPPING COST. INSTEAD YOU PLAYED A MIND GAME AND DIDNT RESPONE FOR 10 DAYS! SO WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO THINK?

ACTUALLY NO, THIS ENTIRE SITUATION COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IF YOU ACTUALLY READ MY LISTING AND COMPREHENDED MY TERMS OF BUYING.

AND HE REPLIES:

You are not a serious seller, but a greedy person! You are not telling the truth. I will tell that in my feedback.

NOW I FEEL FOR THIS GUY BECASUE THE SHIPPING IS HIGH ( THATS WHY I STATED THAT IF HE DIDNT WANT TO BUY IT DE DOESNT HAVE TO BUT NEEDS TO RESPOND )( YOU CAN BOTH AGREE TO NOT BUY THE ITEM) BUT WHEN YOU DONT READ SELLERS TERMS OF BUYING THEN WHAT R U GOING TO DO ?????:confused2:

*** NONE OF THE RESPONCES HAVE BEEN EDITED, THESE ARE RIGHT FROM MY INBOX / YAHOO ACCOUNT ***

NOW I WOULD REALLY LIKE IF THIS WASNT DELETED FROM THE BOC AND WOULD REALLY LIKE IF I GOT OPINIONS ON IF IM RIGHT OR WRONG ON THIS ?!?!?!

LeRoy:cool2:

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    You are right brother he should have realized the shipping charges would be far more significant....Also he shouldnt try to use feedback as "leverage" because its just a scare tactic on ebay so that the seller bends over backwards but are the ones making the money LOL!!!!:smile2::smile2: But all in all some deals go good and some bad just keep on and if he gives you negative feedback just explain what happened as professional as possible IN HIS FEEDBACK! and that will let you hold your good faith in your name as a seller buy responding in a mature professional manner and may not cause you to be frowned on by other buyers because it was clearly the buyers fault!

P.S.- THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!?!?!?!?!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:hahahahaha

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Well, for 1, if he does not complete the sale, his feedback will be deleted and you can leave him bad if you wish. Your ad says shipping to lower 48 only, whereas Norway is um... somewhat out of that area so don't sweat it. Believe me, I buy and sell vehicles on ebay and it gets tense sometimes.

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

THIS MORNING I GOT THE TRANSACTION FROM PAYPAL.......

FINALLY!!!!!:smile2:

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    your find all kinda people on ebay, i've bought tons of stuff on there and just one bad deal i kind of expected a bad one every so often but for the most part people are pretty good looks like it turned out ok for you like the saying goes buyer beware maybe seller has to beware too lol

6. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

You handled that really well Leroy. You followed Ebays rules and talked with that As^#*%! they way you needed too. I could have never held back if someone like that was trying to threaten me and rob me at the same time. Maybe you should have posted your sale in Dutch to be politically correct.

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

I SHOULD OF CHARGED HIM MORE FOR DEALING WITH HIM?!?!?!?!?!:eek:oooh:

NO THATS STOOPING TO HIM LEVEL.......OR IS IT?!?!?!?!?!:roll_eyes:

8. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I would have refused the sale. I don't enjoy playing games with idiots online. I used ebay forever,now I won't even look at it. I am sold on Craigslist now. I seem to have less negative experiences on there. If they are negative,I just don't call the person back. Only bad thing is it's only local. Luckily I live outside Dallas,TX,so local is a very big area.

9. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Sometimes it seems like trying to sell stuff over the internet is more trouble than what it is worth! I tried selling some stuff on craigslist and it turned out to be a huge hassel with people wanting more pics, lowball offers, meet you and never show up ect... I think you did the right thing. Hey, Europeans are crazy, right:smile2:? Well, you can live by my motto, keep doing the right thing and maybe one day you will hit the lotto:smile2::smile2::smile2:! Have a good day and good luck!

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    " You are not a serious seller, but a greedy person! You are not telling the truth. I will tell that in my feedback. "

So your your a unserious, lying, greedy person now are ya, LOL . What a jerk eh ? Well I would be pissed off too Sleek .....glad ya got it all worked out in the end .

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    There are a great deal of shady people on ebay and you must be careful of who you deal with

If he is going to leave negative feedback, file a non paying customer complaint against him

12. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    i think theres an option where you can limit your buyers to one area. I encounted a guy who claims that I sent him one lure instead of two. To prevent a dispute I refunded him so that he wont raise an issue that could freeze my paypal. A while later he email me and told me he didnt receive my paypal partial refund. I do not think its fair for the sellers as i think buyers usually wins. I stopped trading. I send him the email and there was no reply from him. I think its easy to get cheated there. I dont feel protected so i no longer sell there.

I refunded because if theres a dispute, how am i going to prove that theres two instead of one. I essentially gave that lure to him :sad2: