Ebay help!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, Apr 12, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I ordered some fishing poles a few weeks ago, and I got them today. They would have been great fishing poles, but on every one of them five total, the tips were either crushed or snapped. I was almost ready to cry... What should I do on this, I have already emailed the seller, I was wondering if I should contact UPS for poor handling of the package. All the seller did was take a piece of cardboard about 3 1/2 feet long and maybe 18 inches wide and fold it into a triangle and taped the edges up. I really don't want to be out $65 but if that is the case then I guess it is an expensive lesson learned! Oh yeah the seller didn't seem to offer insurance, but maybe I overlooked it. I could understand if one was broken I would have been upset but I would have understood. Please help!!!

Aaron Drier

TA2D

2. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I would try to resolve it with the seller first. A lot of times, they will do everything they can to help you out to avoid getting negative feedback from buyers. I had a similar situation once, and that worked out for me.

If the seller does not help you out, give them negative feedback!!

I do think Ebay has some type of system in place to mediate these things, but I have never used it. Someone else might know.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    AARON First thing is to email the seller and give him the first step to making it good. then check with the shipper that was used. If you paid with paypal you can get your money back with them . If not you can contact ebay and ask them for a refund as well. I ship all rods in PVC pipe now to shop that from happening.

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The rods were shipped by UPS and I think that it could be their fault due to poor handling these were graphite rods, and fairly stout from what I can tell of the remaining pieces. Thanks with the help so far

Aaron
    TA2D

5. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    eBay does not refund money to no one. They make that clear. They are the go between only and tell you so upfront.You can open a dispute thru them and they will tell you they will look into it for you, but to try and resolve it with the sellar first. If you can't do that then eBay may or may not suspend the sellar from any more selling. They will work with you however to resolve the issue if it can be resolved at all. There is also a sight on ebay where you can ask for the sellars phone # if it was not in the orginal listing. Try to call the sellar and ask what there policy is regarding refunds. A lot of them do. I always ask the sellar for a phone number first before closing the deal in case there are problems like that. As far as the carrier goes they wil tell you they are not responsible and you should have had insurance on it to get a refunffrom them. However I feel if they excepted the package as shipable worthy they should refund the money to you. Of coarse they do not know what the contents of the inside look like. I don't mean to add salt to your wounds and by working with ebay it should get resolved. Over the years I have only had one real problem with eBay and that was with the sellar. Curious, did you see a pictureof them on ebay and make sure of the description of the items for sale?

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    By all means put a claim in for the damage if the damage was caused by UPS. They will make good on it.

7. citori59

citori59 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Ebay will do nothing. Your only two options are from the seller or ups. If the seller will not refund your money or replace the items you may leave negative feedback. UPS on the other hand should make good as they offer insurance on their ground shipments. At any rate your seller should have packed them better.

8. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    I am a ebay seller with thousands of positive feedbacks and no negitives. Alot of good info has been said. It sounds as if the shipper is to blame. Let the seller know what happened and do a claim with UPS. If it all falls apart and you paid with paypal file a claim with them.

9. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    If the package was shipped UPS, then there is automatically $100 insurance on it. The seller (shipper) will have to file the claim. It may take a few weeks for them to settle. If the seller is a decent guy, then he will go ahead and refund your money and wait for UPS to give it back to him.

I shipped a rod that got broke and filed a claim. UPS didn't even want to see the broken rod as it's value was under $100. I sent the buyer his money back and he got to keep the broken rod too.

If you paid with a credit card, then you can return the rods and file a dispute with your card company if the seller won't do anything for you. All you will need is proof that you shipped them back.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think I may casually mention to the seller that I was a member of a fishing sight which was fairly active in the U.S., and in addition to negative feedback on ebay, he was going to get a lot through the other avenue. He may get the hint. Just curosity, as I do occasionally buy rods from ebay, will you send me a pm with the seller's name? Thanks.