Ebay Flowers?

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by ersel, Feb 25, 2007.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I have been looking at daylillies on ebay and was wondering if anybody had purchased live plants off ebay and how they turned out. Thanks

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yep, me too. Anybody?? They sure have alot of really pretty ones on there. Let us know if you've had any luck with these.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I've never looked for flowers on Ebay. Mostly surf for items that hit my pea brain and that's never been one. I have ordered day lilies from farms/nurseries that specialize in them with great success.

Hope someone replies about them, y'all have my curiosity going, now.

Take care.
    Cheryl

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I can't see ordering flowers from e-bay because you really don't know how they are packed to ship until you get them.

We have a big Day Lily nursery her in my home town that does a tremoundes business in the shipping of them and if you guys want I'll drive by there and get you a contact info.

5. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    The reason I was considering ebay was due to some of the unusual color varieties. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and order some.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ersel,

Just buy from the ones with a guarantee or refund, so that if the rhizomes and tubers look good when you rec. them.

Check out this link for the 'history' of how the common ditch day lily came to be.......it was a gift for women from Asia, from their travelin' men friends.

http://www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/weedguide/singlerecordframe2.asp?id=180

7. Tala

Tala Guest

I have never ordered flowers from Ebay. But I do order plants through the mail, with great success. They always came with a guarantee. I would imagine, Ebay, wouldnt be much different. Good luck with that. When you get your flowers planted. Take a picture for us.