Eating fish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bowfin, Aug 12, 2006.

1. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I know alot of the people that are on this site catch and release.Me I catch and eat but I do release cats over 25 pounds all the rest get cleaned. I love to eat cat fish and I cook alot at the dock for the croud that fish with me.I try to give some to a old couple that live down the road from me.so no fish that I catch is wasted.so am I a sportsman or not

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You need not ask.Every man knows his own actions,and so he is the one that knows best of all whether he is or is not a sportsman.You do release Bowfin don;t you?peewee-williams

3. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    fish that I don't need I release most of the ones over 25 pounds I let go

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Bowfin eating fish does not mean you are not a sportsman, it means you eat fish. I eat fish and so do a lot of others. The big fish you are releasing are the one's that need to be CPR'd so I say your doing a good job.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i know a lot of people who release all they catch then go to long john silvers and eat all they can hold. they think catch and release makes them sportsmen. i think they are just lazy.

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    The guy who supplies Long Jon Silvers dosn't get his catfish from around my dock. I release 'em in hopes of catchin it the next day, not because I don't want to see it eaten.

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I keep 3 or 4 small ones when we go and rarely keep any biger than 3 or 4 #, not that there is any thing wrong with it I just perfer to eat the small ones. Besides 3 or 4 is all I want to clean at one time.

8. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I love to eat the fish I catch. It might be one big one or a couple small one either way I'm going fishing for dinner. Whats the difference in eating a fish from long johns or eating one you catch either way you are still ending a fishes life no matter how you look at it. Me myself I get more satisfaction out of catching my own rather then having some body else butcher them for me. Am I a sportsman..well I don't think that should be judged on if you eat fish or not just for the fact when you go hunting there is no catch and release there. To me being a sportsman is what you can do to help out the environment in picking up trash or even thinning down the population so other have room to grow.

9. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    We need more "Meals on Reels". Good to hear you share your catch. Maybe if more did fishermen would get a better reputation. Not saying that most don't have a good one but that more would see what we are doing to help those in our communities. Keep on keeping on. Your a true sportsman! Got to rep ya.

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    What you do is legal so I don't have a problem with it. I prefer to eat smaller ones than 25. I jsut don't think they are much good over 10lbs!

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Eating what you catch and helping put food on the plate for others, that is what makes a sportsman. keep up the good work.

12. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I eat some to , Ijust don't keep more than I will eat . Try some fried in Crushed cheese crackers .

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I like to eat fish and ilike giveing to others to me that don`t have any thing to do with what makes I agree with peewe :big_smile:

14. BowtechTomkat

BowtechTomkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like channels up to 5 pounds. Havent kept any bigger than that so i dont know if they are any good or not.

15. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Absolutly nothing wrong with that! Just keep in mind that fish over 10lbs often times can have built up alot of pollution in their systems.

16. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I really do like the smaller fish up to 5 lbs the best. I sometime will keep them
    up to 8 and 10 lbs. But most of the time I release them. I do share my fish with kinfolk, friends and older people. I do also share small and big game with
    other people.
    Bill

17. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I haven't been on for a while...The larger cats are released, I don't
    care for bass...crappie or perch are only released in hot oil. LOl

18. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I practice cpr but some times a big plate of flat head cannot be beat.

19. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Amen brother. Sometimes me and the wife will go out to eat fish to keep from going to all the trouble and heating the house up but in the long run we always go back to cooking our own. Those resturants just cant fix 'em the way you can at home. :roll_eyes:

20. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Sure your a sportsman. I think what ever a fisherman eats big or small is there choice. Catfish is a very taste fish. Enjoy your catch rather you eat them our release them. Good luck and take a kid fishing also.