Eating fish out of the dan river?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by WHEELMOBILE07, Mar 28, 2006.

1. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Good friend of mine told me that he would never eat anything out of the dan. Any truth to this? Just getting into all this catfish stuff so forgive me if this is such a stupid question. Love to eat eating size channels, only reason im asking

wheelmobile07

2. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    hey man whats up. Yeah i would never eat any fish out of the dan river but i do know someone who did. Some buddy of mine's uncle ate some channels out of there and said they were really good and he is still living so go figure. I wouldnt eat a lot out of the dan. By the way thats the only place i fish at and we should get together sometime and hit it. Me and my buddy caught a lot last year right across from the old dan river fabrics plant in danville. i caught a 30# flathead and a bunch of 10-30# last summer! Give me a holler back!! We fish off the bank as well!!

3. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    its ok to eat the cats near danville...........the goverment checks the rivers every year at various spots........if there is a problem with mercury, pcbs or something else they post a fish consumption advisory which has to be posted at the affected sites.............i have never seen 1 in or near danville........last year or the year before there were advisories posted att the milton boat ramp.......you can still have several fish a month where these are posted unless you are pregnant then the postings say no fish at all should be eaten........mack

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    awsome info guys, thanks a whole lot for the info. pm big and we will get together when the bite is good.

wheelmobile07

5. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    fish spawn up stream right? so there ain't no differn't then eating fish from Buggs. The bite is always on:cool: 1bigblue

6. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    i personally have ate catfish caught from dan daniels park and the old brickyard area and the only problem i had was running out of tatar sauce:thumbsup:

7. kayakgeek

kayakgeek New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA