Eating Catfish is it safe yet

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by master_cat, Feb 19, 2006.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    is it safe to eat catfish out of the water now i live on the cumberland in the nashvill area

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Brent, the KY DNR posts a recommended consumption advisory in our state regulations every year. I don't follow it word for word, but I do use it as a guideline to how much fish I eat. I do eat fish out of the Ohio River and have for over 15 years. I haven't grown a third eye in the middle of my forhead yet, but I'm still hoping. LOL Vern

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Master cat I think your fine to eat em.. I vary rarely keep fish Im CPR 99.9% of the time and if I do keep one its about 5lbs or less. But most of the fish around here comes from the Mississippi River which some people dont understand and look at me Im just fine!!...........well i guess thats debatable:)

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Brent. I would have to say that the advisorys were put out there for a reason. Me personally, I would follow them. LOL!

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would check the consumption advisory first!

6. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I agree and if you do eat any cut the red and yellow meat off the fillets when you clean the fish. Tha is where the mercury and other contaminants if any are stored.
    :0a26:

7. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    man i hope not but i have been having a pain in my hand i think it could be another finger coming up:)

8. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I think that another finger would really help in tying those knots. I know at times it seems like if I just had one more finger.

I hope no serious problem

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Why are you guys eating those great cats, why not eat them lowly bass? just kidding:)

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I eat them all the time, now I do'nt need a light when fishing at night that nice shade of green that glows off my skin I can see by to tie my line. Check it out and if there is an advisory do'nt eat um.