Eating catfish for over 70 years!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bnt55, Jun 11, 2009.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Sometimes I get bored and well I started reading other states Fish and Wildlife regulations...ok,ok I was REALLY bored... Anyhow I was checking out the neighboring state of Indiana catfish and sportfish consumption advisories and learned what they base their warnings on, and I quote:

"fish consumption advisories are based on people eating 8 oz. of fish 225 days a year for 70 years..."

HOLY SMOKES! I am doing good to eat 10 fish meals the whole year from local waters, not too mention 70 years! Granted it takes the metals in the water a long time to accumulate in your body but jeez who would even want to eat that much fish? I like catfish just as much as the next guy and I am also concerned about PCB's and friends making their way into my families bodies but these advisories sound way more dangerous than they really are. Be a good sportsman and read the consumption warnings from your DNR but remember to also read what they are basing their conclusions on.

Tight Lines,
    Bill

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You have better chance of dying if you smoke cigarettes, drink beer, eat KFC, and drive over the speed limit. Drinking too much Mountain Dew can even kill you!

Japan and Okinawa have the highest number of Centurians (people who past 100 years). How many do we see live past 100 in the states?

Eat more fish!

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    unless your eatin them out of the skuke:eek:oooh:

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    You have a good chance of dieing, even if you don't smoke, eat at KFC, drink beer , or tailgate,,,(speed DOES NOT kill)

:smile2:

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No it won't KILL you... Mercury and pcb's only causes brain damage, fertility, and erectile dysfunction.... stuff like that... eventually you'll kill yourself:smile2:

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am going to keep on eating catfish, until the Good Lord say dont eat it. :big_smile: I love fired catfish.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Harken unto the voice of the lord- for it can come in mysterious inaudible ways! ( such as an bacterial dysentery infection for example:eek:oooh::smile2:)

8. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Aint nuthin like a good spiritual movement!!!:smile2: