Eating bait on TV

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Tuttlecat, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    A show on The Travel Channel's host was in Sicily eating "beef melt":freaked-out::freaked-out:

My Grandad and I used to use beef melt (spleen) for bait from the Meriden locker.

The guy said it tasted "Rank, Minerally, and Tough"

Well who would have thought:laugh:

That skin headed dude will eat anything........shad sushi???????:tongue:

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    River mussels=oysters

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    just because i "can" eat it, doesnt me i "will" eat it. i dont see why people eat some of that stuff...

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    The last time I even looked at a beef melt was when I was a teenager. I forgot and left it in my grandpas car trunk in the summer. After cleaning it out, I had no desire to ever use it again.:sick:

5. Bmac

Bmac Member

State:
    Kansas
    Coonasses eat bait all the time. Went to a gathering from another site near New Orleans on the gulf. A group of the locals (coonasses = deep Louisiana) brought out 2 bags of crawdads,2 bags of shrimp,and 2 bags of crabs. 1 of each was bait,the rest was cooked up for snacking on while we fished.

Bait is good!!! :laugh:

Fish like it too. Good-ole catfish poles worked just fine.

BR2.jpg pig.jpg

6. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Now that is food IMHO... I would trade 3 shrimp for 1 crawdad:laugh:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Has anyone ever caught anything on beef spleen? We tried it a couple of times with no luck. It's tough, and bloody and stays on the hook really well, even have to cut it off. I've heard it works well but maybe we didn't give it a fair or long enough trial. I have a good place now to get that and all the beef blood I want if I want to fool with it.

8. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just got off the phone with a guy and he used some melt and tore them up but he caught them on shad sides and whole shad also. He said it didnt matter what you threw out their they would hit it. He also said the fish had nothing in their bellies and were slamming the rods down in 36 degree water and they were channel cats. Channels arent usually that agressive in that cold of water.

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I use spleen when livers produce well. Like you said hard as hell to get off hook the and bleeds like like no other. I know all the tricks to keep liver on the hook but I can cut up pieces of spleen and there is no wait, plus I don't have to lob it out. I can just give it a wing and it doesn't come off.

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Bryan, get you get some beef brains from them folks too? I could a bunch of them, blenderize them with limburger cheese, let it "age" in the sun for about a week, makes a great dip bait.
    I've got the blender and the cheese.

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Why haven't I heard of this? We have cows in Ohio. Here I thought that I had thrown every thing in the book at them, I cant wait to try it. Thanks guys...:handshake:

12. Bmac

Bmac Member

State:
    Kansas

Ooh Dude, that just ain't right....:arghh:

We'll use that on your Catoon.

13. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Jim,
    I have made some before with limburger and pig brains......and it was good...except the price of the cheese hurt:frown: