Eaters

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mikeskywalker, May 30, 2008.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I'll be going to get my overnight pass at Bondurant today i need to stock up on some eater size channel kittens.......

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good Luck Mike,You Know You could take the Bridge Brothers along for a Laugh or Two just in case the Cats are not biting.(Just a thought) :wink: J.D.

3. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    That would be nice of me but since there both BAD LUCK i think i'll pass.... LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    :sad2: Hey now....

I think Steve and I are maybe going to hit that log jam tonight, depending on if he peters out on me again or not! LOL

I am going to go get some gills around 5:00 or so

5. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well the first trip to get some eaters was a success 5 nice chanel cat's the pond wasnt high at all so i think i might go back tonight....

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What's the name of that lake again Mike?

7. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Petoka i think. I'll be there tonight if your interested...

8. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would love to wet a line, but I gotsta go to work. Dam job seems to get in the way of fishing to often... Wish you luck though.
    :angry:

9. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    ok well i offered.... Im probably gona pull an all nighter tonight we'll see though.....

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good luck on the eaters

11. catmanjoe

catmanjoe New Member

State:
    Iowa
    thanks for the tip for bait they were hitting hard on the liver there in Bondurant Sunday morning, however I had trouble keeping the liver on the hookc (used a large treble) they kept stealing it, (any tips?). But I did switch to shrimp and had great success my 11 yr old son caught the fish of the day 6.8 lb channel. Had a great time.

12. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    congrats on the success!
    Tips on liver: 1: you can always get liver hooks from a baitshop but they are expensive, 2: if yu can get some sort of thread to tie it on the hook
    3: cut some pantyhose up and net it around the liver and the hook is probly the best option. 4: they way I use liver is in conjunction with shrimp, I thread the liver halfway up a good sized J-hook and then pinch it on with a shrimp this will catch bigger channels most of the time and you don't have to worry about the liver getting stolen and leaving you with a bare hook.

WELCOME TO THE B.O.C

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i always just found the meatiest pieces to use.hook it as best as possible,not too big a piece.i always left the reel open,and when they ran with it,let them take maybe ten feet and then set the hook.

always used about a 1/0 hook.

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    getting those eaters is always very rewarding.....................and especially tasty

15. catmanjoe

catmanjoe New Member

State:
    Iowa

Thank you for your help Steve!!! I appriciate it.

16. catmanjoe

catmanjoe New Member

State:
    Iowa

Sounds good I think I will try the pantyhose first. Thank you for your help hunted!!!!

17. zebtmoney

zebtmoney New Member

State:
    iowa
    where do i pick up a permit to go there overnight? any luck fishing overnight?

18. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    At the Bondurant city hall i was there till 1 lastnight no luck not even 1 keeper.....

19. grahamdragon

grahamdragon New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mike, we should get a pass and go out fishing this weekend. I wonder if the cats at Bondurant will like the stink bait like they did at Rock Creek?