eaters

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cat lineman, Apr 6, 2009.

1. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    ok if a person wanted to go to clinton and catch a bunch of eater size fish where would he need to go, I have a 16' lowe lake jon so I can hit some areas of the lake but not all.

2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    depends, I've had good luck on the flat on the east facing bank of the woodridge area. lot's of folks fish the Waki this time of year also.

3. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would fish the rock creek arm. We always seemed to catch a lot eatters up in the shallow. Especially with the lake was up. If the lake gets high enough the cats will be up in the willows.

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Fish skinny water in any of the arms, timber is a plus. Keep moving till you find them, it won't take long.

If I was to take the flatbottom out I would put in at the Rockcreek ramp and head for the lake. fish the shallow wood from the ramp all the way out, then you can either go north or east and stay in shallow flats. Keep moving and it shouldn't take long to put 10 eaters in the boat. Secret 7 and shad have worked for me, Premo SS blood is also a well like bait up that way.

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    There is a pocket cove on the Northeast side of the Rockcreek bridge that always produces eaters for me.