"Eater" fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catfishing is fun, Aug 18, 2006.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    could someone please inform me as to what the safe eating size is of catfish around the springfield area, thanks

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    have a look on your dnr website they should say what bodies of water have high levels of toxins in the fish and what is safe to eat and how often.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Marshall, any size fish should be safe to eat. Your best eaters are the 2 - 6 lbs. up to a 10 lb. fish. I have stopped keeping fish over 10 lbs. I used to keep larger fish and can trim them to where they taste as good as the smaller fish. I now turn these fish loose for two reasons. 1. by the time you trim the red and fat away from the larger fish so it will taste like the small ones you have wasted a good portion of that fish. 2.Blues a little over 10 lbs. on up are your spawning size fish and need to be kept in your waters. This is my choice but it is a personal choice you will need to make for yourself.

4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    well I only kep fish that are between 2 to 3 lbs and then only if I know that I'm gonna eat them since I'm the only one that eats fish in th house, got some really weird people here .lmao but thats ok I always share with my dogs.lol

5. Rogue

Rogue New Member

State:
    US Louisiana
    I eat the 6 to 10 lb ders