EATER CHANNEL CATS PLENTIFUL AT TAWAKONI

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Luke Clayton, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Guys, Luke Clayton here. Just wanted to let everyone know the channel catfish bite has been AWESOME at Tawaknoi. I fished there yesterday and we stocked the freezer with fish up to about 3 pounds, all from around flooded willows/grass in water 3 feet or less. Go to www.catfishradio.com and on the opening page, there's a little video I did on the trip... Good fishing to all. Luke

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fished there last saturday and we caught a lot of channels and blues in shallow water on windy points.

3. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I've been catching alot of eater size blues at cooper lake

4. kitty_lover

kitty_lover New Member

State:
    texas
    Hey Luke, can you give me any good bank fishing spots on Tawak? Ive never been there. I did some really good bank fishing on Lewisville the last couple of weekends. HUGE ones right along the banks..i assume protecting the spawning beds? Im very new to catfishing. Also, can you give me some info on cutbait? As far as how to prepare it and the best ways to use it. is it ok to freeze it ahead of time? thanks for your help

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry I'm just now getting back to you, been pretty busy lately. Yes, bank fishing from the rocks should be good along either side of the 2 mile bridge but...I think you should be able to find a windy bank in the vacinity of Anchor Inn Marina and catch some fish there. Maybe put on some waders and wade fish?? The trick to finding the spawning channels in this type cover is keying on the edge of the willlows or little openings in the newly flooded green stuff, use a floater. Good luck to you. lc