Easy way to Skin A Deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Schoe, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Here's the way I skin my deer, hopefully it might help some of you!

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    nice post schoe,i've seen that done before but i still do it the old fashioned way. it's kinda hard to it that way in a screened in cleaning shack...

3. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    That is a good way however if you are thinking of mounting that buck the cape would be ruined and you would be out some money for a new cape. If not then that has to be the easiest way Ive ever seen.

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice post there Schoe, I watched my father do it similar but using his tractor to shuck it with. Pretty nifty way to skin if you ask me. Nice pics there as well!

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    heck yea that sthe way to do it.i still do it th eold fashion way as well.here is a pic of the set up i use.

Attached Files:

6. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey Kris,
    That's a nice setup.Can't hardly find anyone around here that will buy hides.
    Use to be about 4 guys come threw here buying hides,rattlesnakes,those were the good ole days.
    Leakyboat

7. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    I've had several setups including the eye bolt in the floor and a elect. hoist to pull the deer right out of the hide when I was processing deer for other people.

I'm past the urge to mount any animals after having a basement full of mounts and hearing about having to dust them and get the cobwebs off too often. They are now on display at different establishments for other peoples enjoyment. And there has been peace ever since.

I am always open to new methods and ideas and thought maybe some of you members would benefit from the post. Schoe

8. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Madcatter, that is one nice setup you have for doing your skinning and hide management. Thanks for the picture

9. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Schoe that is a mighty nice deer you skinned there and a very fast way of doing it. I was always old school but muzzelloader season I will try it that way cause it will be doe only for me. Thanks.

10. tokie

tokie New Member

State:
    Hemlock, Ohio
    Love to do it that way the next time we did one neck first then had like a coat hanger and to hooks and hung the deer by the two hine legs. But would love to trie the four wheeler to pull the hides.