Easy way to hook up big baits?

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by ShilohRed, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I will have for sale toward the end of the week. A new exciting way to Rig big baits live or cut up. That allows one to have his whole hook exposted but still work where the hook up rate is the best it can be.
    See if this is something that will work for you? Its fast easy and best of all. After buying the kit all you have to do after that is buy the clips. We will have these in stock.
    Pete
    Well the video did not show up. I will get one as soon as the kits come in.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Heres a link to the Videos on rigging baits with the Quick Rig.
    http://www.quickrig.com/tips.html
    For everyone that is fishing live baits. This is the tool for you. The ones in the flathead fish-off. This just may be the ticket to your fish of a lifetime.
    Pete

3. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    that looks like it would kill most baits, whats wrong with running a double hook rig?:wink:

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    They have been doing baits like this for years in the Ocean, Without killing the baits. double hook rigs are great. But if theres a better way I for one will sure be looking at it.
    I have been using double hook rigs for 30+ years. But you have to make sure the hook can still do its job after being hooked up. With this the whole hook is out where it can do its job. That is what I like about it. We all have missed big fish where this rig I think would have allowed the hook to do its job.
    Its not for everyone, but I think it will sure catch on after people start using it.
    Also can add chin weights to make the bait struggle and look more like dead bait. Will work great for the ones using big baits.
    Pete

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I worked on a boat a few years back and we had a guy hire us and he was doing testing on this rig down in Flordia during Sail fish season. Its easy to use, but since then I have seen it used on many boats but NEVER for live bait. Some offshore guys will call a dead bait, live bait beacuse it once was and is not a lure. Putting the rig in the head will kill almost any live bait. Another way to do it is to use a small rubber band and a rigging needle. Hook the band on the hook and thread it through the eyes using the needle then put the other end on the hook. twist it a few times and pass the hook back under the rubber band on the head of the bait. The hook stary out in front and pinned to the head. Or use the same method to hook the fish in the back. Here is a link to a rigging video some friends of mine made while Sail Fishing in Flordia last year the week after I was there with them. http://www.sportfishermen.com/board/f210/circle-hooks-palm-beach-florida-32033.html