Easy Taters......

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by ronlyn239, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Here's another recipe we use with our catfish. The lady that gave me the recipe called them "river potatoes"....don't know she called 'em that, though.

Depending on how many you are feeding...

Several potatoes
    1 stick margarine
    1 medium onion
    Lawry's Seasoned Salt
    Pepper

Take a baking dish and line it with foil, and use enough foil to completely wrap the potatoes, so as to seal them up.

Slice up potatoes in small chunks.
    Chop up the onion, and mix potatoes and onions and add them to the
    baking dish. Slice the margarine into pats and arrange them over the top of the potatoes and onions. Season to taste with Lawry's salt and add pepper to taste. Seal the foil and place in 425 degree oven for at least an hour.

Beats the heck outta fried potatoes, and allows you to concentrate on frying that fish just right instead of having to watch and turn fried potatoes. Match 'em up with those hush puppies I told you about, and some of that oh, so good fried catfish, and it's enough to slap yo mamma away from the table.......not recommended by any diet plan, except the "see food diet."

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ron,

These sound good, thanks for the recipe! :wink:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Ron for sharing your Tator receipt. Will give it a try. I like potatoes anyway they are fixed.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ya cant go wrong with spuds.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I cook them very similiar, this is my favorite way to eat taters....Thanks :big_smile: