Easy dip bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by laidbck111, Aug 13, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I see a few people askng how to make dip bait. Here's how I do it.
    1 tub livers
    flour
    potato masher

take the tub of chicken livers and dump all, blood included, contents into a bowl use the potato masher to mash the livers into an almost smooth mixture. when almost smooth add flour a little at a time until its thick enough to hold onto sponge bait, I like to compare it to cold speghetti sauce. you can add garlic are anise if you like but its not necessary.

simple, quick and cheap. I hope this helps someone.

2. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Say Benji sounds good. I have a friend in Texas that uses a home made punch bait that seems fairly close to some of the famous punch baits. My friend used it on jugs an d really slayed the channels, Here it goes

Equal amounts of shrimp,Flacky white beef suete, and a strong cheese , grind up all and use catails for body, let it set covered for a while and there you go

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I got a recipe from an onry s.o.b. at work. He's a retired Marine and a heckuva good freind, but very onry! He gave me thise recipe, and at first I thought he was messing with me.

1 1/2 to 2 lbs of liver (beef, chicken, or turkey)
    One large mason jar with sealable lid (trust me on this one, the sealable lid is a must!)
    2 large eggs
    1 cup of milk
    1/2 cup of oats
    1 cup expired horse raddish sauce

Mix all ingredients well, and keep yourself upwind. Allow to sit in the sun for at least three days. Mashing the livers first and then adding your ingredients with a wisk makes a great dip bait. You want to use gloves when baiting, cause this stuff really stinks!

4. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Brother's both of them sound real good,Im going to try the chk liver Dip bait .Iv been looking for some cat tails for my Beef Blood/shad/shad gut's/blue gill/skipjack/chk liver bait to give it some body right now it is vary wet everything has melted together into some kind of Death Water.Hey my stink bait just got a name "Death Water"LMAO:002:

5. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Sounds like a good name.