Eastwood lake adds Surveilance cams!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by dinkbuster1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just a heads up everyone! stopped by there today for about an hour, talked to a "person" who informed me they just installed 50 new surveilance cams that are conceiled throughout the park. why i dont know, but also seen a ranger give a $150 ticket to a 17yr old kid for chewing tobacco since he was under age.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just another way for the state to get money! once again... they aren't interested in anything unless it involves a fine.... state officials....come check out the dresden section of the river for illegal bobpoles etc... ahhhh i forgot.... not enough money ...you don't care! ROLLO

3. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Every day in this country we lose more rights! We pay higher and higher taxes and god forbid if you complain. We cant smoke in bar or anywhere else for that matter. Spied on by our own government like we are criminals, while our sons and daughters die in Iraq. No weapons of Mass Destruction ever found and Osama still on the loose! We have to deal with illegals jumping our borders and nothing is being done about it. Gasoline at 3 bucks a gallon and higher. A president that the people didnt vote into office. The list just goes on and on! I want to know whats it going to take for the American people to stand up and say ENOUGH! What are we teaching our children by tolerating all this abuse on our freedoms. The future is what we make it, and its not looking to good for them. Just my opinion.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    On the other hand every season we have a handful of threads on here about how someone had all of his gear stolen from the truck parked in the parking lot.

I've been an electrician for a long time and been in alot places that people rarely get to go, even employees.
    It dont matter where you go in the public, more then likely you are being watched.
    Even though you see a camera or a camera ball dont mean anything.
    You just might be being watched from that item high on a shelf you cant reach. I've seen some really neat setups before. The kind that leaves you amazed like, Man I come here all the time. Who would have thought.
    You cant drive down the interstate here without being watched.
    There are cameras on every overpass near cities like Raleigh or Durham.
    They have people watching them too real time.

Cameras aint all bad.
    If it keeps societies problems away from what should be your enjoyment, it works.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,

Mark, will you stop flip flopping? You are for Big Brother watching? Geez, so much for individual freedoms. I'll stop so this doesn't get thrown to HI.

6. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey Mark,I see your point, but where do you draw the line? Life is a risk, there is no such thing as safe. And while people want to believe that there is,the truth is we are not now, nor have we ever been exempt from danger. I would rather take my chances and keep my freedom than to be watched like a hamster in a cage. All the cameras in the world wont keep you from being robbed and shot at gunpoint,it just films it for the 6:00 o-clock news! And Loanwizard, you just go ahead and take it as high as you want to brother, we need to see that our country is losing the very foundation that we were founded on. The right to freedom, to do and say what you know to be the truth and what common sense is, not just what some jackass tells you it is. Think for yourself!, if it does not seem right to you, you have an obligation to stand up and say, HEY,HOLD ON THIS IS NOT RIGHT! Remember one thing, one single person standing in front of the state house with a rifle is a lunatic. 500 people who stand in front of the state house is change.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont think cameras in public places infringe on a person's rights.
    Public place would be the keywords here.
    If you are in a public place you are no longer on your place.

Security cameras I agree with.
    Cameras installed to generate income like stoplight cameras I dont agree with. Anytime you you throw revenue and a camera together things tend to get munipulated like light cycle times.

I would gladly welcome cameras at some places I like to fish.

One thread we had this year on the site was people using a boatramp here in NC were having the catalytic converters stolen out from under their trucks.
    Cameras on poles would have prevented this nonsense.

When you go to the bank, you are on camera.
    When you go to an ATM you are on camera, dont pick your nose waiting for your money.
    If you step on the property of any mall you are on 4 or 5 cameras. Been in a mall security center a few times. Those people are people watching and the radio traffic is tremendous to the foot patrol. You'll pick up a tail in a mall just for looking goofy or wearing the wrong color. Only a few mall security people wear uniforms. The majority of them are posing as shoppers.

Public places are public places. Somebody is apt to be watching with or without a camera.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i guess my post wasn't against the cameras, but more of a point of the state parks, natural resources, wildlife etc. target hotspots for revenue purposes only. go to the Maummee River in the spring for the walleye run, see how they watch that one!!! deer gun season!!!! see how many articles you read on the fines in the Ohio Outdoor News... i guess my gripe has always been not that im asking for them to follow or see me everyday asking for licenses... but, i see so many issues with fishing around my stretch that are deeply ignored.. the new in place slot limits on flats and channels!!!! a joke around here.... there is probably a local right now filleting 3 or 4 over that one!!! rollo

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    there are good and bad points about cameras. in general im against that kind of infringment on my freedom.

dink, i would just not go there. they will probably put you in jail for strangeling turtles!!!!!!

10. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hopefully these cameras turn out to be useful and not useless. Money well spen? Time will tell!

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if they use them for "legit" uses i have no problem. if your not from this area then you have no clue how wacko our Metro-parks have become, these cams are just the latest thing. i am sure these cams are meant to produce revenue. i personally know several people who have been ticketed for petty things at this place and other parks controlled by them like "walking off the designated trail-paths", underage smoking/chewing, parking over the yellow dividing line in the parking areas, wading (while jet-skiers nearby are swimming, yes they get special priveledges BTW), breaking off branches for pole props, the list could go on and on. you have a tackle box? it gets checked! a cooler? checked! leave your windows down? they will snoop! drive a junker car/truck? my friend you are getting pulled over and searched! wear camo and act like you are hiding? uh oh, heres comes backup! my best friend and his then GF each got a $150 ticket at this place about 4 years ago for "Kissing" too long. apparently the ranger thought it was innapropriate for a park:smile2: yes i guess we could go somewhere else but the "metro-nazi's" run almost every public park, boat ramp in SW ohio now (except for state parks).

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have no problem with security cameras... even at state parks. Some parks can be as bad as any place for crime. One has nothing to fear from cameras unless they are breaking the law. :wink:

13. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds like a Glenn Beck episode around here:wink: Guess that's what happens when the bite's slow. Personally, I'm investing in precious metals. Mainly brass, lead and copper:wink:

14. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    wow metro nazis are screwing things up eastwood wow ticketed for walking off designated trails next time I my find my favorite hole i get channels cats from will i be tickets that bs by the way happy thanksgiving :big_smile:

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Its not an infringement against your rights or freedoms.
    How many times have you ever left your home and ventured into the public without your clothes on?
    Might it be because you know you aren't in the privacy of your own house anymore and your aren't the invisible man?

A camera in public aint no different then the guy with 2 eyes hiding behind the bush watching you or me looking out of my car window into your car window while passing you on the interstate.

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    As citizens, we owe it to our society to act/react in an appropriate manner. If no one did anything wrong, there would be no fines. If a person knowingly violates a law, they should be punished.... I don't think it is an infringement on our rights... the infringement is the action of the person who broke the law. Wish we had more cameras throughout public places. If they didn't know what they were doing was a violation of the law, then they got an education.

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    They added cameras at a local park that I fish at a few years ago after some sicko killed a maid from a local hotel beheaded her and dumped her body in the pond. They found him in Calif. with her head in the trunk. I just wish fish and game reviewed them for poachers. I'm for cameras in places like this.

18. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    It is a violation of my freedom. 4th amendment to the constitution:

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

and the 6th:

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
    How do I question a camera?
    For those that say if you ain't breaking the law you have nothing to worry about, fine lets put a camera in your house and watch you and wait, you will break a law sometime even if you don't know it. As someone else said you will learn from your ignorance.
    Someone mentioned the Maumee river in the spring, that is different because it is a live gamewarden, not someone reviewing a tape looking for any violation they can find. Yes they do tape you breaking the law but when you go to court you face the game warden, not a camera.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    So who in the tar is putting cameras in someone house... no, I don't break the law even when not being watched.
    Besides... This is about cameras in parks and other PUBLIC places. Only the law breakers will fear the cameras.

Walmart should have a MORE cameras in their parking lots....
    This young man was getting in his truck, a guy with a gun got in with him, demanded his ATM card.. he said he had no ATM card but gave the thug all his cash. Then the thug shot him in the neck and escaped in a car with another slimy thug. The bullet paralyzed him, somehow the truck was rolling and hit a fence and caught fire. The poor guy couldn't move but luckily the cops were in the area and pulled him from the vehicle. He suffered burns over 10% of his body, besides being paralyzed for life!

All the cops have, is a look at the punks car on Walmart's camera.

20. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Hmmmm, Walmart is PRIVATE PROPERTY not public. Good story but thats up to the property owners if they put cameras up.
    So you think it's ok for the government to break the law to make sure you don't?
    Are you sure you never break the law? Never snagged a rock on the bottom and bent your hook? If you come to the Maumee and do that during the walleye run you broke the law. The law says 1/2 inch from shank to point, no exceptions. That's what I meant by watch you long enough and they can get you for something. You never dropped something by accident? Thats littering and you deserve a ticket for it, right? Walking off marked trails? What fisherman hasn't.
    I get tired of self rightous people saying saying if you aint doing something wrong then you got nothing to worry about. Ask the 6 million jews if they had nothing to worry about, the nazis just wanted to keep track of them at first.