Eastman Lake cats

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Farkle, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Farkle

Farkle New Member

State:
    California
    Hey Guys,

Heading to Eastman Lake for our 29th wedding anniversary soon and would like to try a little catfishing. Anybody got any tips about what kind of bait to use and where's the action is{fishing}:roll_eyes:

Thanks,
    Farkle

2. Levi_in_Fresno

Levi_in_Fresno New Member

State:
    California
    Eastman and Hensley. Both reservoirs offer a good to great night bite for channel catfish. It's likely nothing over 20 lbs will be caught, but 3-10 pounders are fairly common and should be expected when soaking liver, worms, mackerel, and anchovies in shallow coves and in front of the dam. I just read a good article about night fishing both lakes for monster bass and cats. You can expect to land several largemouths between 7pm and 12pm on topwaters and spinnerbaits in 15ft of water or less. Article is in the California Fishing and Hunting News June 19th edition it's a twice monthly magazine that I get at 7eleven in Clovis, CA. hope you catch as many as your reeling arm allows. I may head up to Hensley next week for some nightime bendo action.

3. Farkle

Farkle New Member

State:
    California
    Levi,Thanks for the insight, I'm REALLY looking forward to this trip. I'm going to fish bass with my fly gear and get after the cats at night. :big_smile:

4. Levi_in_Fresno

Levi_in_Fresno New Member

State:
    California
    OOPS I said 7pm to 12pm.......I meant 7pm to 12am.