Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by delawareriver, Feb 10, 2007.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    did anyone go to this show this year? im making the trip to harrisburg tomorrow to go there. i had a blast last year so im looking forward to it.

2. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    well was at the show today and i wasnt to impressed. last year i had a much better time. almost the whole show was outfitters which gets old talking to them and saying that they have a 90 percent success rate and 170 class white tails or they catch fish almost every outing, but some how its never that good when you go yourself. not a whole lot else there. i guess ill think about going back next year.

3. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Louis, I went to the show opening day and picked up a fish "dehooker" it works really great on the plastic fish I hope it works as well on the real thing.:smile2:

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    haha yea i saw that, didnt pay any attention to it tho. i guess i find that ether my hands or pliers still work for me. please do let me know how it works out, if it works maybe ill pick it up next year keep an eye out for it. was it busy opening day? seemed like everyone was pretty tired after 8 days in a row at the show. which might have been why alot of the guys wernt in a good mood.

5. jetboy

jetboy New Member

State:
    Pa
    I wasn't impressed either. The free samples of the crab cakes were excellent.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I stopped going to those Sport shows years ago! It used to be it was real cheap to get in, there was good deals to be found on fishing tackle, the Outfitters were there if you wanted to see them, you could get a beer for a buck. Now they charge like $10.00 to get in, no deals on tackle anywhere, the Outfitters are still there and a beer is like 5 bucks. No thank you! I'll spend my day out ice fishing!:cool2:

7. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    haha ur exactly right!! last year me and my dad got free magaizne subscribtions to field and stream, and outdoor life for a year so that helped make paying the 11 dollar admission fee alittle easier. on a positive note i did fine a bunch of spinners that work very well for smallmouth that i cant find anywhere else and got an ok deal on those at 6 for $10 when last year i paid about $3 for each one.

but thats why i enjoy the little fishing flee markets alot more, better deals, less crowded and not 11 buck to get in.

8. Catfish Killer

Catfish Killer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I live just outside of Harrisburg and go every year. I was very disappointed. I usual spend a a few hundred on fishing supplies, all I got this year was a shake light and jerky. There wasn't anything there that interested me this year. They really cut back on fishing goods. Me and my buddy went to the office and complained about it and wanted are money back. We usually make a day out of it and we where done in about 2 hours. I wont be back. Evry year it gets smaller on the fishing end.

9. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I agree with everyone else. There definately seemed to be more outfitters and less of everything else than in years past. I think the retailers used to discount stuff at the shows so you could find some deals, now i think they double or tripple the price! I was looking for a scope and mount for my MAK-90 or SKS and the scope I have seen for around $17 to $20 in some catalogs was $40 at one of the FEW booths actually selling something. I also always enjoy walking through all the RV's at the shows, but this year there were only a handfull there (last time I went one of the halls was all RV's) and half of them were locked. I did get to eat some Popeye's fried chicken and cajun rice so it was worth the drive. I also enjoyed the Copenhagen girls, but last time I went there were more of them too!

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Guys this show like most of the ones i do has goes down hill. When at the same time the cost for us to set up was going up. One little booth at this show is 1,500 I was their with the marinawe had 14 boats at the show and it cost them 22,000 to set up their. That plus 9.00 a person for you to get in and most of the dealers didn't have much to sale anyhow. You are right and every year it goes alittle more down hill. I have been doing a show here in frederick for years and last year was my last one when a hunting and fishing show has more crafts and dogs show stuff then hunting and fishing its time to pull out.