Eastern Pa,Lehigh and Delaware rivers

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kaleigh, Jan 30, 2006.

1. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Anybody got any info now that it is getting warmer outside In Eastern Pa.No ice at all!!! :)

ITS TOO QUIET,LETS GET SOME TALK GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sorry I'm not from around thier!!

Have you bee fishing lately!!

3. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I fished the North branch of the Suskie last week, the river was 6' below flood useing cut bait(Perch) from an ice fishing trip the day before. I only managed two Channal's, one was about 25" the other was close to 30". I forgot my rule. The bite was slow just barely nugging the line. It must of taken 10 min. for them to run off with the bait. Yesterday I went too the same place after 5 hour's of nothing I called it quit's. There was one other guy there neer me useing Night walker's, he nothing as well.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    jigerjim - nice catches! Way to go! It's nice to see someone catchin' some Cats here in Pa. in January!:0a31:

5. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Went out today,weather not too bad,temps around 50 degrees. :sad: caught 2 small kitties and a small sucker.Not that great of a report,but it beats sitting around the house :)

6. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey them sucker's make good bait, hang on to them! Look's like winter is comeing back, I'm an ice fisherman but I was likeing kitty fishin as well.

7. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Too nice to work,called in sick :rolleyes: Went to the Delaware River,no bites at all.Didn't matter though,it was great to be out in the sun,temps hit the mid 50's here today. But this weekend it looks like winter is comin back!!!!!!!

8. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Kaleigh I had the samething up here on the Suskie 4 1/2 hour's on a bucket with out a bite. But it was a nice day, plus I never have to call in sick, I guess you might say I'm sick every day. I quit workin 12 year's ago. The bigest problom I have is have to decide where to go fishing today.

9. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Smallies,crappies,walleyes,carp,and stripers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleware river is hot hot hot!

Lots of channels all winter,but getting tuned in to striper and walleye fishing right now.
    Most are being caught on 1/8 ounce jigs,with mr twister tipped with a 3 in minnow.
    Landin stripers on sinking lures,but seen a couple caught on big minnows.

Headed out about 10:30,will bring camera in case the action picks up again this weekend.

10. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    gonna be in the Hershey area for about 3 weeks, anybody want to hookup? cell # 8123093809

11. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Was out today.temp around 25 with a strong wind blowing all day.Had to fish with gloves on,did not catch a thing except for cold feet.Still had a nice day outside,better then being in the house! :)

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I've been fishing for trout before the season closes. I havent had a chance to go for cats. Im hoping next saturday to go to greenlane reservior for some crappie fishing. Usually there, where theres crappie the channel cats are close by. especially during the spawn. With weather & fiance permitting, I'll find out.

13. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Went fishing in the Del. River today,temps around freezing with wind chill in the single digits.Using chicken livers for bait had a hit after about 1/2 hr,it pulled real hard and while trying to land the fish I slipped on a big rock and went into the water. BOY WAS IT COLD,and broke my rod also. :mad: I wear a life jacket when fishing alone,did not need it today,just glad I had it.By the time I got to my car my pants felt like boards being so stiff.I was a long ride home.

14. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    sorry to hear that! my grandfather a few years ago went into the river with heavy coats and boots and what not on and almost did not get back! been meaning to get out but my free days the weather sucks and the nice days im sitting inside stuck without anyway to get out! wrestling season takes most of the time but oh well. shad in a month and a few weeks, same with trout season, bass will start biting at the local pond in a week or 2, would love to get out on the big d for nice smallies and walleyes but im nervous to get out with the kyack and not to many areas for shore fishing where i fish, cant wait but its gonna be alittle while yet.

tight lines, stay warm and out of the water.