Eastern Oklahoma

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by coke1, Jul 7, 2007.

1. coke1

coke1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Were are all the folks who fish Eastern Oklahoma, everyone can't all be fishing.

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    There are many of us here and I doubt that hardly anyone is fishing the floods. :sad2:
    Keep posting. Someone will answer.

3. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Most of my regular spots are flodded out, where in eastern ok are you I am in Talihina. We my wife and I did real good earlier up at eufalla dam but they are running far too much water to fish now, at least for us some seem to like fishing in the flooding water as there seem to still be lots fishing there now. Not much local posted lately it seems.

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kevin and I are up here in the Grove area just waitin for the water to go down some. The Elk River near us is up over the banks, flooding the docks and ramps... and the mosquitos are sure enjoyin it!
    Should be lookin better soon, after a couple more dry days.

P.S. Hi Gerry and Bill - and welcome to the BOC !

5. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I live in tulsa the flood water is not helping much around here allthough the sand bass are very active right now.

6. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Oldprowler and I are here in Mannford but as everyone else we are waiting for the flood waters to go down so things can get back to normal.

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I'm in Cherokee county, KS, but the next town south of me is Pitcher, OK. I usually keep my fishin' just north of the border (don't want to buy an out of state license) but I haven't been out, lately. Last time at the river, my friend caught a little blue and another guy caught about a ten pound flattie. No way to keep your bait from going off with the current we were dealin' with, unless you were in a boil(where the flathead came from). And we were even using six ounce bank sinkers...it was insane. Anyway, good luck with your fishin'. Hope you do better than I did.

-Red

8. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just now they are not letting water out, My boat needs repair so I am stuck bank fishing. I never really fished in the lake much mostly below the dam. They just opened the spillway at Sardis and are letting a lot of water out so I may try there tomorrow for a nice flatty. :big_smile:

9. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Iv been fishing the North Candian river at the Hwy27 Bridge it is flooded big time But we are hooking up.Bluegill heads are the Bait!!! Big water = Hugery fish.You got to go BIG,We'v been useing 8-12 oz weight's and at times they dont hold.:eek:oooh: All this water has been CRAZY!!!!