eastern n.c mini gathering want to ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Jollymon, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Last nite in chat it was brought up about a possible eastern n.c .mini gathering ,just seeing if there was enough interest in it to try an get one together .
    the s.c. gathering is in mid sept ,an the N.C gathering is 1st weekend of oct ,just my thought we try ,for end of oct -dec ,may be tie it in with a CAPE FEAR CATTER,S TOURNEY ,IF THAT IS OK WITH RANDY AN WES. Just a thought ,nothing big or fancy maybe cook hot dogs or something,mainly to get together an get to meet other members in area an fish a little :wink:
    I would not want this to be in conflict with the BIG N.C .GATHERING AT BADIN in any way ,just a way for us to spend some more time with other members:cool2:

WHAT YOU THINK GANG ?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    LOL Dickie... Yea beat me to it..

I'm all for it..

Neuse River, Sutton Lake, Cape Fear would be the 3 wisest locations.. I dont see the need to have it anywhere else..

I think we should have it no matter the size of it but the More the Merry'r so support this thing people !!!

3. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    sounds like a blast to me..... :wink:

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    1st week in August.

5. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like a lot of fun. The downside for me is everyone will see why I don't have a picture of myself in my avatar... LOL. When I tell everyone I'm old and fat now days... you will see I ain't kiddin. Let's all eat and greet and hit the Cape Fear for some catfishing. Saturday and Saturday night works best for me. Hope to see more of you in person soon and hopefully we'll get to wet some hooks... Nicole.

6. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    NICOLE ,it's not the outward looks that makes a good person or friend ,if it was i would be one lonely person :wink::smile2:

7. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    I think sometime in Aug or End of Oct is a good time to have it....

Nov and Dec you got thanksgiving and christmas and hunting seasons are in full swing and some folks cant bare the little bit chilly temps...

I'm down for whenever though...

Neuse, Sutton and Cape Fear are all ok with me... Just need to pick which one....

We can always have another one and go to one of the places we dont choose this time sometime next year...

8. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    well the cape fear will have to get alot better to have it there......:sad2:

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Let me tell you about a gathering.
    It's not about the fishing.
    You could have a BOC gathering miles from any water.

You got a couple of types that go to gatherings.
    Those that go to fish and you rarely see them and those that go to meet and hangout with new friends.

I could go to a gathering and leave all my tackle at home. I can fish any time.

10. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    1st week of August sounds good to me, so long as I can get off work. :smile2: Somewhere kid friendly would be nice too...ie play ground, park, or pretty much anywhere safe for a curious 4 year old.

11. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    august is to dang hot ,for me ,i would like to see it in oct. or nov., myself,that,s just me :wink:

12. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Dickie we will find u a battery operated fan :smile2:

13. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sounds great , anytime , but what about miidle of Oct before Halloween . From there on you have holiday after holiday , and hunting . I'm glad to see the intrest on this it would be my first gathering . It would be nice if we could do it somewhere kid friendly . :big_smile::wink::big_smile:

PS. Food for thought , Lock 1 has the Horses to Harley camp ground right beside it . I don't know of any other place that we could camp at while we had the gathering . Just a suggestion . Hope this goes through , I don't think I'm going to be able to make the NC Gathering . :angry::crazy::tounge_out::wink::smile2:
    :0a23:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  14. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    The mini gathering is not intended to be a full blown gathering...

Its more of a meet n greet and fishing...

Meet up on say early saturday evening

Cook some hotdogs, Hang out, Shoot the bull, catch some bait, eat

Then have alittle braggin rights tourny... I'm sure whoever owns one will bring there boat and wont mind if some non boaters hop in to fish with em....

Fish for some hours, weigh in and show off fish, release fish

Then talk about fishin, hang out more... If some wanna go back fishin thats fine..

Then free to leave back home whenever ya want...

Quick and Simple... Doesnt take much planning and easily done on short notice like we are doin....

15. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    Now that sounds like a plan to me!!!!

16. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Thats What Im Talkin Bout!!!! :big_smile:

17. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    im new to the boc......but ill be there...............im like dumptruck.........sept. or october would be good............cooler weather.....flats will be feeding up and the cool nights sould be good for the blues!.........any ways im game for whenever! just let us know!:smile2::wink::big_smile:

18. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    the capefear cats tourney is the 10th of oct but i am game any time any where . would love to meet all the people on this site i know we will have a good time

19. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    It wholeheartedly recieves my support , but I willn't make this one:sad2:,
    unforseen events have arisen and must be taken care of. But you best believe I'll be at Badin on Oct.2 with bells on (rod tip)! Also , I'm certain , nccatgirl , that you are not fat. In reality , no one is really fat unless they begin to parallel the guy on Worlds Heaviest Man. And even if they are , who cares? Taking a line from a nutcase ' No matter what , you got to strut!!' Persist with confidence of self , and nothing will be insurmountable!!

:cool2:
    Adios muchachos!!

20. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    As long as it doesn't conflict with duck season!!! Or we could throw some deeks out with some lines and bring the hand cannons!! Count me in!!However I will have to play by ear.(work)