Eastern, Ky report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by KYTRAPPER, May 18, 2007.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    So far I have been fishing Dewey lake, Johns Creek, Yatesville lake and a few other impoundments. The channels have been doing ok. the flatheads are hitting but not as good as the channels. Livers, cut bait and meal worms mostly on the channels. Live suckers and bluegill on the flathead.

2. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    Good to see some east KY reports. I've been fishing the Levisa fork below Fishtrap. Caught a few channels, but I've caught lots of hybrid stripers this spring. Been doing the best when the water is up.

3. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Thanks, I put out a small trotline today(10 hooks) in beaver creek just to check it out. Im gonna put out some bank poles in the next few days.

4. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I fished the upper Levisa this morning for awhile. I got 10 channels, 4 bass, 2 hybrids, and a turtle. Biggest was maybe 4 pounds. Kept a few small ones to eat. I went to swing a little one in and managed to stick myself in the knee with a fin. It got me good. All the cats were caught on cut bait.

5. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Where were you fishing at if you dont mind me asking?

6. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I was fishing above Fishtrap Lake. I catch a lot of channels in that area, but most are small. I also fish the area between Fishtrap Dam and the confluence with the Russel Fork. I haven't fished downstream from there, but have been meaning to try.

7. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Oh ok. Most of my fish have been small as well:embarassed: just havent got into many bigguns this year. I hope to change that soon though:big_smile:

8. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I hit Fishtrap last night. I got 3 flatheads and 1 channel. 1 of the flatheads was about 15 pounds, the rest were small. Had a hard time catching enough bait.Anybody else been doing any good in East KY?