Easter Lake? Fort Desmoines Pond? Dale Moffit Reservoir?

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishndad30, Apr 17, 2008.

1. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    how is the bite in desmoines on the small spots,any body pulling any channels out?

2. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    easter lake is full of silt and fort des moines i fished that thing like 3 or 4 times this winter and i couldnt get a bite anywhere on that little pond and i have not been out to moffit for long time did read the fishing report and it did say the blue gill and bass had started to bite on spinners going slow but thats just good news cause now we can get some bait stocked up for CATFISHING

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    AGREED!! Not many CATTIN lakes around DES MOINES worth the trouble, theres only four lakes I would even go to "around" DES MOINES and thats SAYLORVILLE, AQUABI, RED ROCK, BADGER CREEK. all of these lakes will produce good numbers permitting you fish in the right spots. Hope this helps

4. construction0226

construction0226 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would say I also have to agree with these guys. Me and my brother have also had great luck at Saylorville, Red Rock, and Badger Creek. And when we get the chance we head back to our stomping grounds at Lake Panorama and fish from the bank at night with a big ol fire and some suds. We have good luck their everytime we make it back. We have been below the Saylorville Dam a couple of times this year and caught a few channel on worm and chicken liver.

5. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    you gentlemen have been mis-informed,plenty of 10-15 pound channels in easterlake,even caught a 6pound through the ice one year....i have caught a 6lb channel in fort desmoines pond on shrimp,...don't over look easter lake,when the bite is good and your on a good spot(thats a secret)2-6lb ers,one or two in the 10 range....use the shad young jedi

6. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I have to admit Ryan could probably catch a turd in a urinal.......

7. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    you have to use the big white mints for bait

8. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    badger creek is my go to lake i have fished that lake for as long as i can remember took my first air up boat there took my first canoe there it was even the lake my nephew caught his first fish at i know that lake like the back of my hand

9. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    always good to have a go-to spot

10. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Oh I know there are catfish there. they even have a cage where they feed them every day at 7pm, I just dont think it compares to the lakes I have mentioned above, From my view on EASTER LAKE it has been drained due to overfishing. and if you have had that good of luck there I would sure like to go with ya sometime!!! LOL!! closer to my house than any other lake. I troll around there every month or two if I cant get anything while netting for bait...It is filled with good baitsized bluegill/crappie/sunfish.

11. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    i ve got pics of some nice cats out of there,keep in mind this was 3-4 years ago when i still lived in deadmoines,whole shad was always my best bet there about 4 inches long ran through with bait needle ,trebled in the tail.i mostly bank fished it .about 2-3 oz weights to send it way out.i always took a bass pole to stay busy while i waited.

12. chris dornbusch

chris dornbusch New Member

State:
    iowa
    Easter township,,,,,oops I mean Easter Lake:smile2: is nothin like it was befor all of the construction.It does have a nice boat ramp ,with a new dock.

13. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    any shad on the dam yet at easter?

14. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK

my wifes family lives out in panora and have a boat on panorama, is that really good fishing?