East Texas... Where do you like to Fish ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by mch4fishing, Nov 1, 2006.

1. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Ok so lets see where every one likes to fish in The Great State of Texas.
    Not just East Texas but with in Texas.
    :wink:
    Marc

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I live in Paris Texas and i like to fish Cooper and Pat Mayes lake.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Don't live there now, when I visit folks back home always try to fish the sabine river. Fishin ain't that hot,but thats where I fished and hunted as a kid.

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    i fish ray roberts most of the time.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    My preference is for Lake Conroe, especially the upper part. But, mostly, I fish Lake Houston on the West Fork of the San Jacinto River.

6. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I Fish at Sam Rayburn myself...

7. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    I fish lakes Houston , Conroe ,Livingston, Rayburn and hope to fish Toledo and someday Milwood Reservouir!!
    Jesus is My Lord !!

8. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    I fish Lake Texana And the gaudalupe river.

9. Boots28

Boots28 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I mainly fish Lake Lavon, but I like to fish hubbard and grapevine when I can.

10. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    rayburn, mostly around hanks creek

11. fishing feline

fishing feline New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i fish lakes conroe and houston

12. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish the Trinity river around Liberty. I fish up at Rayburn for bass a few times a year but I quit the bass tourney stuff. I'm a hard core catman now. I really like chasing after the big flatheads that roam the waters around here. In the heat of the summer I chase after the gar with my bow and arrow. That's a blast too!! Got to love the river! always something to catch!

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Coolarrow, do you launch at the ramp there at Liberty? I live about 40 miles away and have considered taking a look at the Trinity there. I fish from a kayak, how's the current when the river is at normal levels, too much means I can't paddle upstream.

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Miss Texas and the fishing there. I used to fish PK, Grapevine, Hubbard, Fork and Cottonwoods.

15. cat-chaser

cat-chaser New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anywhere on Lake Livingston or the Trinity River below the dam when I want a mess of eating sized cats and I have a top secret private hole behind a relative's property in some of the deepest water on the lake for when I wanna tussle with a full grown monster blue or flatty.

16. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Toledo Bend, Rayburn, Murvaul, Sabine River. I fish Murvaul and the river because it is the closest but I prefer Toledo Bend and Rayburn.

17. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Great fishin Lakes here in Northeast Texas are so plentiful, its like fishin in Heaven! I love fishin at Lake Cypress Springs, because its so very close to home and I can pack up and go fishin every day if I want! Its an awesome place to catch catfish too! Below the dam there are suppose to be some huge cats but I've not fished there yet. We found a really awesome lagoon where we have been having tremendous luck so been hangin out there for now...lol. If ya want to try some new waters, you can always google your lake or northeast texas lakes on the net and get instant info about any lake at all.

Here is the link to Lake Cypress Springs...
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/cypress_springs/

My dream though is to fish Lake Fork. Its suppose to be an awesome fishing experience. Ive been to the lake, but have not fished it ...YET...lol Here is the link for Lake Fork too...check it out!

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/fork/
    and http://www.lakeforktexas.com/

18. Randy

Randy New Member

State:
    Trinity,Texas
    I like to fish upper Lake Livingston or the Trinity River above the Lake. I also like the Intercoastel Canal and San Louis Pass. I'm new to saltwater fishing but I shure can catch the Gaftops catfish but have yet to clean and eat one. Are they good to eat? They are shure easy to catch a lot of em. I know my catfish rods work well down there.

19. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Gafftops are edible, bleed 'em first, be sure to get the bloodline out. Rinse well and let soak in water with some salt overnight before freezing or cooking. Not as good as freshwater catfish. They sure are slimy critters.

20. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Lake Conroe, Spring Creek and Lake of the Woodlands Also Raven lake.
    Looking forward to going up to Livingston and hitting the Trinity again soon.