East Texas Rivers

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by tobystan_2000, Nov 28, 2006.

1. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Any East Texas rivers worth fishing?

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Just the Trinity, Sabine, Neches, Angelina and most of the others that hold a foot or more of water.

3. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have had a lot of luck with bass fishing on the agelina river in Jasper but it is so low right now you can't get a boat in by ramp. they are repairing the Dam and also are trying to kill off the lilly pads in stienhagen lake so it will stay down for a while. it is so low that you can walk across it in most places. not good for boats with motors. I do know that the neches has some very good fishing as far as cats go. there is a guy from sislbee that fishes it for ops and does really really well.

4. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish the Trinity and it's super fishing! I catch all types of cats, white bass, stripers, crappie, largemouth all in the river and it's little creeks off the river.

5. cat-chaser

cat-chaser New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have to agree,the Trinity is a very good river to fish-I'ver never fished above Lake Livingston but from the lake to Trinity Bay can be oustanding for everything coolarrow2 mentioned, as well as monster gar & buffalo and a really good number of crappie. Where it crosses I-10 near Wallisville,when the water is low & the salinity levels are up you might even run into a saltwater fish or 2.

6. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    As for me and mine we do well on the Trinity we launch from the B/L at Hwy 19. Good stuff...

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The problem with river fishing in Texas is one of access. There aren't many places to launch a boat. The other problem is security at the few launch sites. I'd love to fish the Trinity at US 59, but I've a Ford F150, a favorite theft target and don't want to leave my truck in the parking lot. There's lots of weird folk that go up and down that highway.

8. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gadzooks, do they have alot of trouble at the Hwy 59 ramp? I have never launched there but I have drove up there a few time to look at the area. It looks good. Knock on wood I have never had any trouble at the liberty ramp but the IH 10 ramp I hear is bad for theift. I had a sheriff pull up one day when I was going to launch and told me that he don't think it would be a good idea for me to park there. Even in the daylight. I though wow the cops told me that! that's bad!