East Texas bream...

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Gibbzilla, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    You think they bitin from the bank in East Texas yet? I need a good bream fry! :crazy:

2. jrh_67

jrh_67 New Member

State:
    texas
    I have friends that live in waskom and he said he had a hard time catching bream last weekend for catfish bait. He caught some but said they weren't biting really good yet.

3. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    I took my wife last saturday Lake Sam Rayburn in the middle of the day and we caught about 30 big blue gill and red ear bream. We also caught 2 small eater channel catfish in about 3-5 feet of water in the buck brush.

4. WildWillie

WildWillie New Member

State:
    Rockport, TX
    We've been doing OK at Murvaul. Don't know about off the bank or piers though. We've been there the last three days and brought home around 75 nice bluegills per day. (Two or three hours fishing per day.) They are some of the biggest I've caught there.

Will

5. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Sounds like it's time for a trip to Caddo. I love bream fishing on that lake.

6. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I have been waiting to hear the Redear are biting on Caddo. I want to catch some this year. I hope I have not missed them. Seems like it was about this time last year I was at a boat launch on Caddo. The boats coming in had loads of Redear in there coolers, big Redear. Bobby where do you fish out of on Caddo?
    Good fishing
    Joe

7. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Joseph,
    I've fished several places on Caddo. We usually camp at the state park along Big Cypress. The state park cove has some excellent fishing. I don't recall the name of this area, but it's the first big cove east of the state park off of Big Cypress. There are some great bream beds back in this area. You just have to get way back in there to find them. Stay close to the boat lanes if you're not familiar with the area. We've also stayed at a place called Pine Needle Lodge. It's quite a ways north of the state park and doesn't get much boat traffic. Very peaceful and quiet area. I've watched some locals run some very productive limb lines for cats back there.

8. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Thanks for the info Bobby. I am going to fish Caddo within the next couple of weeks. Saturday I am taking my three grandsons fishing in the bream tournament on Toledo Bend. I am making my daughter go to help. Last year I took them, it was a circus. In the end it was fun.
    Good fishing
    Joseph

9. WildWillie

WildWillie New Member

State:
    Rockport, TX
    Here's a few from Lake Murvaul we caught a few days ago.

Will

Attached Files:

10. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    They look like nice size bream. I fish Murvaul a lot but never have fished for bream. Looks like I am missing out.

11. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    My mouth watered when I saw that table full of bream. That's some mighty fine eatin' you got there.

12. WildWillie

WildWillie New Member

State:
    Rockport, TX
    Made about 4 lbs of fillets. We put 12 1/4 lbs up in three trips to Murvaul. BTW, I tried some of the bream fillets breaded with panko. Man, you talk about delicious. Tastes almost like shrimp. I tried some catfish fillets also, but the bream were the best. All of them made good fish sandwiches with the leftovers.

We caught lots of good bream at Fork last summer, but haven't made it over there yet. We put the RV in the shop tomorrow, and we may go to Fork when we get it back.

Will

13. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wow Wild Willie!!

Bet your back hurt a bit after cleaning that mess o' fish. Nice catch.

Once a year we head out and meet relatives at Lake Ouachita Arkansas. We catch some pretty nice bream there too usually. Hope we have that kinda luck this year.

See ya,

14. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    lake livingston should be good for bream. i am gonna go try there in a couple of weeks. 1st i am gonna hit lavon and try for some cats while the lake is up.

15. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Guys,
    I finally got into some long awaited bream action this past week. I had a great time fishing and just hanging out with who I consider "Outdoor Celebrities". I remember back in my childhood days (or maybe last week), digging through the sports section in the papers, just to find the one page, written by either of these two gentlemen, that mattered most to me. Two days of great food, excellent company and outstanding fishing. I don't get to spend much time chasing anything but catfish so this was a pleasant change of pace. I was told not to bring ANYTHING on the trip except for my boat, some tackle and rods. They didn't tell me that if you don't bring food, drinks, bait or clean dishes, you get the pleasure of cleaning ALL of the fish. I still think I got the better end of the deal though. Here's an article about the trip.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49663

16. gunter003

gunter003 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went bream fishing a few weeks ago on lake Livingston a caught a nice mess so they seem to be biting.

17. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    its been years since ive been perch jerkin as we call it. growing up me and the old man used to head to lake fork and stop and pick up couple 100 crickets before we hit the lake. we would catch fish all day if they was bigger than your hand they went into the livewells once the livewell wouldnt close wed load up and head home.

18. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Shoot I never thought sunfish stopped biting in the first place. There the ones that are always stealing my baits year round. Pesky little varmits

19. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Thought bream were stealing the shrimp I was using for catfish bait. Someone mentioned that small catfish were taking the bait from their hooks on another lake. So, I tied on a #4 hook and started pulling in 8-10" catfish. To bad they aren't legal to keep, those small ones are good eating.

20. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    While I wait for a channel cat on my heavy rig, I've been absolutely SLAYING big bream on an ultra-lite rig.