East or west it really doesn't matter.

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by catchinghogs, Sep 3, 2008.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I might offend some people with this post. All the talk on here recently of where the better flathead fishing is it really doesnt matter to me. I know the guys out east are really hammering some fish this year. Me and my buds have had spurts like this too. Also alot of talk of where the next state record will come from. I would really like to see someone hit 50 pounds but I dont think it will happen hope I am wrong.You know the old state record held for what 20 years there is a reason for this the flatheads here in PA dont have a long growing season in my opinion. And if there are fish that big they are hiding near the dams waiting for divers to come swimming by:smile2::smile2:.Me myself have had a terrible year fishing but have been with people that have caught huge ones this year thats the way it goes some time.You guys have something special out east but the west has some monsters too. I had one fish this year almost pull me into the river have been flathead fishing for years and have never had that happen. Whenever the state record is broken I hope it is someone here from the BOC!

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I agree with Mark and I hope a B.O.C. member breaks the Pa record. We are all banded together now vs the Ohio boys :eek:oooh: Go Team Pennsylvania! :cool2:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Mark you said it all !!!!! But I`ll tell ya I have always said the state record will be caught by somebody using a medium action rod with eight pound test and a two inch shiner for bait. LOL !!!

4. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    That's the kinda gear I use just 15 pound test.Since my heart attack a 50# fish might just kill me lol

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I saw this East/West thing to get a chance to meet other BOC members and get to know you guys alillte better. As you can see, the chance of me meeting and fishing with any of you is zero to nill because of our geographic difference. Plus most you guys have wives, kids, homes, and other manly responsibilties.

This was no way meant to see who better than the other. It was just to have fun.

This contest has given me a chance to meet alot of PA BOC CATMEN

Peace out and please DESTROY OHIO!.

6. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I completely agree with that! A little competition keeps us involved, and posting within the forum.

Speaking of a few others, we lost some darn good anglers over the summer, what happened to no net nick and shawn? Shawn seemed espacially avid and posted often and fished the mon... anyone running into them, would you mention this little contest, and see if they wanted to be involved??

East or west/ veteran or beginner... I appreciate you trying, and if your ready for the big one and post when you catch it... your part of the team, thankx.

7. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I was wondering the same thing. I would suspect its work related. Hopefully Scott and I can do some damage tonight, goin for an all-nighter and hopefully goin to represent PA pretty well.

8. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Good luck Diesel. I am going to be out this weekend with Shane and Pappy Cat on the Skuke. We are taking Pappy's boat out so we should get some nice fish. It is just so hard to find any access around here.

9. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I do hope that Pappy cat once again contributes to our forum. Please convey that whatever happened between him and another brother... he is a valued and respected fishermen in our community.

I personally enjoyed reading his reports and seeing his trophies... Good luck, guys. And good luck justin/scott!

10. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    It would be a great learning experience if I could get the chance to fish with you philly guys I'm only about an hour away but like you said have some responsibilities right now but maybe some day:wink:

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    He is mad that he took another member from the board out to one of his honey holes and then he went out to fish it one night and the other member of the board had spilled the beans on his spot:angry:. So now he is just going to keep to himself for awhile. The other member broke the code, YOU NEVER TAKE PEOPLE TO OTHER PEOPLES SPOTS. I thought just about everyone knows that.

12. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Like this guy....
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26335667/?GT1=3D43001

13. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m pretty sure that`s a man law. LOL

14. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Alright heres the gig.... other than jeff breakin his word, I have no problem with the guy. I enjoyed fishing with him Thats why I wanna be a guide.I was the only 1 posting on the susky Without that he likely wouldnt have known the calibur of fish comin from the river on a regular basis.He may have found my spot but it definately wouldnt have been this year.More than likely several years.Its only a matter of time before my spot becomes like falmouth, years ago.... I was the only boat out there. Im not goin to do any elaborite posts and advertise anymore. I would however like to help pA against ohio :cool2:

15. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Hopfully we are going to do that this weekend. What time are you guys planning on getting down here?

16. shane hershey

shane hershey New Member

State:
    pa
    i agree with catchinhogs,also would like to note that i myselfe have been known to take people i don't know well fishin,and if i ask you to respect
    the area i fish that you know is special to me,you better not make it a public freekin anoucement.nor start overtaking my hole.but from the looks of it joe this guy must not get out much cause we never see him.well twice i've seen him,every fisherman knows it's a free river,but it's respect
    and morals i look for. joe showed me some holes and i wouldn't touch that area without asking him first.luckily he complied,thanks joe! :wink:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You boat guys have it easy when it comes to spots. In your guy's case, the Spot-burner must have a boat to get to your spots.

Us bankguys here on the Schuylkill must really be tight-lipped about our spots.

I personally REFUSE to take anyone to my spots unless I really know ya. Not because I'm being stingy, unfriendly, and mean, cause as you can see in Joe's case, just looking out for myself and friends who share our spots.

It's all about people wanting to cat BIG CATFISH right away without putting in thier time and dues.

peace out!

GET OUT THER A PUT A WHOOPIN ON OHIO!

18. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    joe showed me some holes and i wouldn't touch that area without asking him first.luckily he complied,thanks joe! :wink:[/quote]

Me spots is dyou spots Shanester:wink:,How many channels did you get last night that would have qualified for this Pa oH thing?? I got 3 but wasnt about to pull my camera out in the monsoon.You ready to go fish the skuke in this mess. Where either hardcore or nuts to fish in this 2 nights in a row. I think both:wink: Lets go kick some flathead butt.We will be rewarded by the fish gods for tolerateing the adverse conditions:cool2:

19. shane hershey

shane hershey New Member

State:
    pa
    skuke guys don't have to worry about seeing us tonight,flooding keeping ken, joe, and i on the susky,too bad we were really looking forward to skuke,maybe next time. you skuke guys leave one or two 40#s for us will ya?

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You guys would have been either insane or just dumb to get out on the Skuke last night.

We'll take a raincheck on the Skuke trip.