East Liverpool

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by waterwalker, Mar 17, 2006.

1. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Just wondering if anyone fishes this area of the Ohio River, if so where can I put the boat in. I have a 17.5 G3 with a 25 hp four stroke, is this
    enough boat? Don't want to end up in Parkersburg LOL.

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Go over to Chester and launch your boat, you can put it in at East Liverpool but its not too safe to leave the vehicle unattended. You also can launch out of Newell or Wellsville, I am sure thats enough boat and HP alot of Flatheads in that area, use live gills and cut bait and you should do pretty good. Fish between Chester and the PA State line on the WV side of the river just above the city of Chester you should do pretty good. Also the Newell area is pretty good fishing too.

You guys should be getting into the Flatheads up there around May 1st and on, thats when we seemed to do our best in the river when we lived there. Good Luck.

P.S. you do have several members of the BOC that live right around there too, there is a couple from East Liverpool and I am sure when they see this they will respond to this.

3. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Thanks for the input, may give it a try, never fished the river before.

4. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    I live in East Liverpool the best place to launch your boat is chester because the warf is hard to launch from because it is always crowded the boat sounds fine i go out on a 16' boat with a 40hp and its great if you are ever in the area and want to go fishing send me a message look forward to meeting a boc member from this area.:0a22: